I Love fixing my own problems!

Phantomht

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
just wanted to say, i registered on this site hoping to find an answer to a new "problem" i thought my D90 was giving me.
After quickly browsing thru this thread, i solved my own "problem."
Someone had mentioned above about an error code he was getting on his top LCD screen and to be honest, i almost NEVER pay any attention to my top screen.

What i was experiencing starting last night taking night time shots was, i'd release the shutter on a long exposure, lets say 25 seconds.
the shutter would open, wait 25 seconds then close, but THEN, it would take like 25 seconds to display the shot taken on the rear screen and NO other buttons would work or do anything.
its like the camera just DIED for another 25 seconds, then comes back to life and displays the shot taken.
I was like, wtf.

So yeh.
im an idiot.
After reading this thread and that post above by Unspoiled and looking for a possible error code on the top screen it said "Job nr"
I was like, wtf is THAT?
it took me about 30 secs to figure out it means Noise Reduction in Progress.
and then i remembered screwing with a bunch of settings last time i had it in my hands and turning Long Exposure NR ON.
Turned it OFF, problem solved.
It wasnt really a "problem" but at least i know now what the heck its doing. :)

** i was going to post this reply in the original thread but then noticed it was from a 2009 thread and someone just before me was complaining to the guy before him about digging up an old thread, so i started a new one just so i could share how i self-fixed my own problem and im a little excited that i dont have a REAL problem requiring actual repairs or servicing.

Congrats!
It does feel good to figure something out on your own........... :)

I took a 45 minute exposure once and was really scared when I had the error for 45 minutes x.x. I was too afraid to turn it off because I thought I would lose my star trail but in the end, it came out fine.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back