I love NY

janok

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photo4dummies.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There are some challenges taking HDR-pictures handheld with moving objects. Still – the streets of New York are full of contrasts and are perfect subjects to these kind of pictures. I might have overdone this, but I really wanted to get the texture and colors of the 3 different buildings to stand out.

I love NY by janokiese, on Flickr

oooh... This looks like it could be a successful stock photo.:thumbup:

Wow, there is so much I like about this shot. First I was struck by the taxis and the steam. The motion it relays is wonderful. Then I started looking around and zooming in and out enjoying all of the delicious details.
I thoroughly enjoyed looking and am sure I will look again.
Wonderful job :)

I'm not much of a cityscape person, but I do like yours. the cab motion and the steam just make it that much more interesting. Since this is an HDR image, and there were moving cars involved, how many images did you use, or is this a single HDR image?

Tnx:) This is 3 exposures - with use of the anti-ghosting feature in Photomatix.

That's amazing considering how fast those cabs are moving. Does the anti-ghosting then limit the cabs to just a single image each?

I'm not sure exactly how it works - but it seems like Photomatix takes the mid-exposed picture as base and skip the merging of the elements that moves.

Sure worked perfectly. It's given me the confidence not to shy away from HDR Imaging if there are moving objects involved.

This is one of those shots where it looks good "overdone". I definitely like the strong processing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back