I love wide angle :)

Fedaykin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
hebercollphotography.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Quick background check: My sister has been a wedding photog for a few years now. Starting this past April I've been assisting her as a second shooter in some of her weddings. It's what got me into photography. It's been an awesome opportunity to learn the business and better myself as a photographer.

I recently purchases my Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 non-VC and used it on the last wedding I worked at. Such a great lens, my nifty fifty was really limiting me at times on a crop camera, it's just too long at times. So I was excited to be able to shoot wider. I ended up really liking the 24mm range on the lens(about a 35 on FF). Now I really want the 24L :p

The wide angle ended up being especially helpful for some beach shots we did before the reception. It allowed to capture this following shot. Linked with permission(as it's my shot jeje) from Vanessa Velez Photography, her new blog, she's in the process of creating a new site for her business. She did all the processing; a little burning of the sky which was covered in clouds, and she added a little vignette. Sadly the horizon is a little tilted, AGH! Don't know why she didn't fix it, oh well. It was a quick shot while she posed them and took some closer shots with her 35mm on her 7D.

Here it is:
img_4091.jpg

C&C would be appreciated ;)

I have to say the first thing my eye is drawn too is the big white empty spot in the sky. The tilt doesnt bother me. The big white cloud of nothingness, does though.
The other qualm I have is the bottom of her dress is blown out.

Besides that though, I like how you composed them out of dead centre.

The horizon is not level. N0t sure why wide angle is helpful. You are just capturing more and more sand and sky.

I have to say the first thing my eye is drawn too is the big white empty spot in the sky. The tilt doesnt bother me. The big white cloud of nothingness, does though.
The other qualm I have is the bottom of her dress is blown out.

Besides that though, I like how you composed them out of dead centre.

Yeah I would have burned her dress a tad, but I had to overexpose it to get good exposure on their skin. I hate the cloud too, but there was nothing I could do about it. Thanks for the input!
The horizon is not level. N0t sure why wide angle is helpful. You are just capturing more and more sand and sky.

Yeah I ****ed up the horizon, gotta watch that. Wide angle was helpful as I din't have to stand 60 feet back to get the framing and perspective I wanted, I wanted to get more sand and sky in and have them composed that way. If I had shot them more close up I would have gotten the same picture as my sister.

Sorry. Didn't read your whole post. It was long LOL. You can still fix the horizon.

Most reactions

Back