I`m looking for a good camera bag

just got a lowerpro 202AW, LOVE IT! sling it on your back, twist it to the front open the flap and your camera is right there ready to go.

I love my Lowepro Fastpack 250. Holds camera with lens attached and 2-3 other lenses. Main camera section is adjustable for your gear. Upper section holds non-camera related stuff as well as a separate, padded laptop sleeve that will hold up to 15" laptop.

this is a great thread ill read it when im not so tired

Sevastopol is also the home of publisher Reilly Media, which publishes books on open source software and other items and international camera bag manufacturer Lowe-pro Inc.

I have found an awesome camera backpack.I only paid $100,00 and I fit all my gear (5 lenses, and a Sony A350) along with misc stuff. I even used the really handy rain cover. Best of all, all the padding and ergonomic actually works, and the bag is pretty light, even with my laptop and gear in it. It’s great! Check the website out: PORTARÉ

all depends on how long you will carry it.. and how far you are walking. I have a backpack, I have a courier bag and now I have one on wheels as my last outing, all day, had my sore from walking all around London with the gear.. so one on wheels has been very nice. I shoot alot of sports, so the have a tendency to need space for 2 bodies with 300mm + 1.4 TC and then 70-200 , so wheels is turning out nicely. BUT have the 3million dollar bag for when one body is good.

I have finally decided on a lowepro fastpack 350. I was trying to just have one bag and this seemed to get the closest. Can fit way more gear than you really want to lug around all day.

It really depends what use is intended!
I have a think tank shoulder bag that houses my basic gear most of the time.
I use a shoot sac lens bag when I am covering events and want to move quickly. I also tried the boda lens bags but they looked so huge! :( I couldn't get used to feeling like I had a huge growth on my hip!

I have my location lighting kit in a pelican case. it's waterproof and practically indestructible! I have lots of divider compartments in it to keep everything organized and safe.

I use the tote & shoot bag from shoot sac to take to the park etc. with my children. I like it cause it looks like a regular tote bag not a camera bag. It has a quick access compartment that fits my camera body and 24-70 2.8 lens in it easily. In the main compartment there is a pocket for my 70-200 2.8. It has side pockets that I can use for extra gear or a water bottle.

. I use the Clik elite bottle rocket for hiking. I use the side pockets for my 70-200 and my 14-24 and the body (d3) with my 24-70 in the main compartment. I love how easy it is to access my lenses without unpacking everything. It has a place to put in a water bladder and a compartment on top to put snacks, extra socks, sunscreen, etc. in. The bag comes with two stainless steel water bottles that have nice locking seals so you don't accidentally spill on your equipment.

I think the quest for the "ideal bag" is about impossible for me. I have so many different gear configurations.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back