I made my choice

Well the feed back is pretty good for jandkcameras since they are an ebay store. But I was also debating buying used from B&H for around the same price if not cheaper

VaE39-

Gotta tell ya that all the stuff you read in forums on buying a camera that feels good in your hands is mostly poppycock. Purchase the camera that will allow you to obtain your final images with the least amount of work.

The difference in "feel" between Nikon, Canon, Sony, Pentax, et al, will quickly be erased with use. You will easily adapt to any modern digital camera you buy. I found that the moment my eye hits the viewfinder I completely forget about the "feel" of the camera. Didn't matter what I was holding as I was focusing all my attention on my subject.

I had film Nikons for decades. One of the reasons I went Canon for digital is because Canon has much better Image Quality (IQ) at higher ISO and a large percentage of my stuff is at higher (800+) ISOs.

So if IQ at high ISOs is important to you ... then Canon is your best bet. Otherwise up to an 8x10 you really won't see any significant difference between any dSLR camera with a minimum of 8MP (including an 1DsMKII w/ 16MP).

Bottom line is that it isn't about feel ... it is about the final image.

Gary

PS- If your family has a few Nikkor lenses ... that's a good reason to go Nikon.
G

Gotta tell ya that all the stuff you read in forums on buying a camera that feels good in your hands is mostly poppycock.

Oh man - I thought I was the only who thought this.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back