I need a digital camera suggestion, under $100

Lisa B

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sorry! I wasn't sure where to post this, so if you need to move it please let me know! :)

Basically I want a good digital camera for under $100 that I can use for snapshots and not be disappointed! Any recommendations?

Also, while i'm at it, I've lost my lens cap for my Olympus E500. Does anyone have a spare?

Lisa xx

Under $100?

I'd personally stick with Canon if you are looking for something with Image Stabilization. Its true IS, Nikon and others don't do true IS. But at that price, you are probably getting a P&S without any IS, so its not a huge issue.

If there is no IS, then just get whatever you can afford. Look for something higher priced that is on sale. Stick to bigger brands like Canon, Nikon, Sony. I think Fuji does some decent ones as well.

Thanks, I know the one I want is a lot more than 100 but I 100 is all i have so I have to work with it :)

Im thinking about waiting 2 weeks for January sales.....:)

Definatly pick one up that has image stabilization, it makes a nice difference with a small P&S camera.

Dont worry about megapixels and so on. They all have too many anyways

Google B&H, Adorama, KEH Camera, Focus Camera.
Call each of those and see what they can offer you for your $.
They might even price match each other just to make a sale.
good luck

May be able to find a Nikon Cool-Pix for around that... I shoot Canon, but if I wanted a P&S, that'd be one I'd be looking at..

r

Last edited:
I just bought my daughter a nikon coolpix 12.2 MP with some form of VR for $129. It's a cute little camera.

Sorry but what is VR?
N.gif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back