• Nikon D7000

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Other (specify plz)

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

dylansearle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Not sure how many people will even read this, but I need a new camera!

I'm upgrading from a Canon 30D, and my choices were a 60D or a 7D. I prefer the 7D for its focus points, 100% viewfinder and what's not to like about dual processors, c'mon, lol. But the price difference is large and I may not even need those features as most of my stuff is done in controlled environments anyways. I was also looking into a few Nikon models such as the D7000 (juicy specs). I'm not too invested in Canon (2 lenses and a flash), and could potentially switch brands, but I would need to gather more information like lens prices as well as quality differences of course.

Well anyways any tips or guidance would be huge, and happy photographing!

Consider a 50D or even a 40D. They would be an upgrade from your 30D but are still along the same lines as the 30D. The 60D, while it does have some nice new features, seems to be closer to the rebels than it's predecessor, the 50D.

The 7D would be a good choice, but yes, it's expensive.

The canon 7d is obviously the best choice, its simply a step up from any other camera you've listed. That being said, its also old technology, and will be replaced soon. So the 60d may have better high iso performance, etc...

I don't know a whole lot about the canons as I'm a nikon guy.

I can tell you that between the 60d and the d7000, the nikon is much better on paper. Will those differences play out in real life? only time will tell, but I'm invested in nikon at this point and will be getting a d7000 or the d300s replacement in the next year or so...

Consider a 50D or even a 40D. They would be an upgrade from your 30D but are still along the same lines as the 30D. The 60D, while it does have some nice new features, seems to be closer to the rebels than it's predecessor, the 50D.

The 7D would be a good choice, but yes, it's expensive.

I was considering a 40D awhile ago, but i want to stick to something with video.

Welcome!

I am Nikon, so I say Nikon. But, lets be real, They all take pictures.

I would stick with the brand that I had lens for unless I was going in a drifferent direction all together with the lens selection.

Welcome!

I would stick with the brand that I had lens for unless I was going in a drifferent direction all together with the lens selection.

I agree :)

Welcome!

That's my main train of thought as well, i just didn't want to completely rule out a great camera.

I use Nikon so I'd have to go with the Nikon D7000, plus I'm planning to upgrade and this is what I have in mind.
Just like what the others say, you can stick with your original brand since you have some stuff already. But if you decided to shift to Nikon I'm sure you won't regret it ;)

The 7D would be my top choice, but we shall have to see if the funds are available for it. And as for Nikon, well i have a Canon 50mm1.4, Tamron 17-55 2.8 and a Canon 430EX flash, if i were to sell these that would cover the majority of the cost for a D7000. Are there any benefits for going with Nikon? Cheaper lenses? Anything?

The 7D is my main goal!
Unless someone can provide a compelling argument for through Nikon side of things.

The canon 7d is obviously the best choice

Why?

We have no idea what this person shoots. How can you decide what the best choice is?

If anyone is interested this is my deviant art account dylandorf.deviantart.com
Most of my stuff is portraits so the dual processors and extra focus points aren't needed 100%, just a nice bonus. All 3 would do me just fine, which is why Im leaning towards the 60D.

If you already have a few lenses and a flash , then i would think staying with Canon would be a better choice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back