I need a photography book for dummies... :)

JustCourt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Courtney. I live near cincinnati, OH. I have been interested in photography for a few years and just bought my first digital SLR camera last year. I'm still learning to use it, but it's been a fun journey. I love looking at other peoples' work, and I enjoy showing off mine from time to time. I'm always looking for new things to learn and I always feel accomplished when the things I learn show in my photos. Anyway, I love chatting with new people as well.. and hope to make some new friends here!

There is a good book called "The Manual" and it comes with most cameras .... ;) just kidding. Actually, today's manuals are pretty poor in many cases.

Something along the lines of "Understanding Exposure" by ??? is usually named when it comes to anything beyond the technical handling of a camera. Although I never learned photography from books, I recently had a look at this one and I think it is well written for beginners.

oh, and welcome to the forum :)

LOL thanks Alex :) I actually have a Digital SLR Photography book for Dummies, but I always fall asleep if I try reading it. I learn better from example I think, although I don't know anyone around that knows photography any better than I. That poses a problem LOL

I don't know anyone around that knows photography any better than I. That poses a problem LOL

but also makes you feel good :) ;)

Hmm, I never liked those books saying they deal with digital photography when I looked at them in the shops as they are mostly technical and do not touch the core of photography. Photography is photography and digital is just one possible medium. It should be included in a book on photography, but is merely a technical aspect.

Courtney, welcome aboard!

Most reactions

Back