I need advice and I thank you in advance

Either will work.
The GoPro gives you more options for setting up the camera, like attaching it to a suction cup that you stick to a window, or to a handlebar clamp that you hang on the grab handle next to the boarding vestibule door on the lower level of the car.

Part of the reason I use the small JOBY GorillaPod SLR Zoom is for its small size, the low angle shots I can get just putting it on the ground or floor, and for the ability to wrap the Joby to/around a wide variety of things.
what do you use?
which Camera?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
On my last Amtrak train trip I shot all my video with my Nikon D300s. I shot stills with my Nikon D200.

Upon getting home I got an Eonfine 4K 16 MP action sports camera for my next Amtrak train trip - March '18 on the California Zephyr - to the San Francisco area.
Since I got it I've been shooting both video and time-lapse with the Eonfine so I'll be well familiar with it when I'm next on the train.
I will also have my D300s and my D200 on my next trip.

On my last Amtrak train trip I shot all my video with my Nikon D300s. I shot stills with my Nikon D200.

Upon getting home I got an Eonfine 4K 16 MP action sports camera for my next Amtrak train trip - March '18 on the California Zephyr - to the San Francisco area.
Since I got it I've been shooting both video and time-lapse with the Eonfine so I'll be well familiar with it when I'm next on the train.

Nice, so you are recording at 1080p, I want to go at 4k so I guess gopro here 6, shoot in scripted points. By the way way, when you get to San Francisco, try John's steak house, union square, you won't regret it...trust me

Nice, so you are recording at 1080p, I want to go at 4k so I guess gopro here 6, shoot in scripted points. By the way way, when you get to San Francisco, try John's steak house, union square, you won't regret it...trust me
Filet Mignon, and Gorgonzola salad with shrimp, wine etc

I get great beef right here in Iowa, in Altoona, IA, about 45 minutes away from home. The restaurant is called The Big Steer.
Amtrak's Flatiron Steak is my usual on-the-train dinner entreé choice.

Two things I can't get here in Iowa are great seafood and great Italian food. So in San Francisco my first dining stop will be Cioppino's on the Embarcadero for, you guessed it
- Cioppino - A bountiful seafood extravaganza of Dungeness crab, clams, mussels, snapper, calamari, shrimp and tomatoes braised in a fennel scented stew with garlic sourdough toast.

Last edited:
I get great beef right here in Iowa, in Altoona, IA, about 45 minutes away from home. The restaurant is called The Big Steer.
Amtrak's Flatiron Steak is my usual on-the-train dinner entreé choice.

Two things I can't get here in Iowa are great seafood and great Italian food. So in San Francisco my first dining stop will be Cioppino's on the Embarcadero for, you guessed it
- Cioppino - A bountiful seafood extravaganza of Dungeness crab, clams, mussels, snapper, calamari, shrimp and tomatoes braised in a fennel scented stew with garlic sourdough toast.

That sounds great I will definitely look into it. I an assuming you know this route so I have a few questions if you will indulge me. Assuming that I am using a gopro hero 6 and I have reviewed schedule, following questions in your opinion:
1) Best sections to record continuously
2) best sections/time to go time-lapse
3) best sections to shut off and down load to my lap-top/portable hard rive

Thanks, if we were there at the same time, we would buy you dinner

Most reactions

Back