I need equipment suggestions...

Rei

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a friend that will be shooting my wedding, and I need to buy some equipment.

He does not have any equipment, but told me to go out and buy him "any SLR camera from a major manufactuer that can be set to manual." He used to shoot with an Olympus OM-F.

I've purchased this much so far. (Film was per his specific request based on the shots we intend on doing)
1 Canon EOS Rebel GII w/30/50/100mm lens.
12 Rolls of Kodak Tri-X Pan 400.
8 Rolls of Kodak Plus-X 125
20 Rolls of Fujicolor Superia 400.
1 Black leather over the shoulder kodak camera bag.

He has also requested a flash and a tripod.

I'm looking for a flash that will work in the evening on Fremont street for the candid shots. The main ceremony will be at about 1 o'clock in full daylight. Any suggestions on a flash that won't break the bank, and/or additional items that I should put in the bag?

Look for a canon speedlight, either 420 or 550. They are great flashes, and they are made for the Rebel\Elan series. If you have time you should try and find one on Ebay, they start around 100 dollars, worth every penny.

I can't recommend any equipment, but I can recommend one thing.

I recommend that you ask your friend to try out the camera in order to become comfortable with it before your wedding day.

If your friend doesn't have any equipment then I'm assuming he hasn't been too into photography for a while. The last thing you would want is for someone to be "re-learning" how to take a picture on your wedding day. It could prove disasterous.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back