I need help with my Sony Mavica

KenM1954

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took 61 pictures at my twins birthday party and when I try to download them all I get is the first 6.
I can look at them on the camera but am unable to download.
The camera is a Sony Mavica MVC-500 and uses the mini cd's to record.
I usually use RW's but this time used CD-R's.

I am going to Norway in May and want to take it but I need to fix this problem first.

I would appreciate any help offered.:hail:

Thank you from the new guy...................Ken

are you trying to access them with your computer via the disc or through the camera? Try taking the disc out inserting it in the pc and copy the disc to hard drive before doing anything else. If you can access them on the camera, they're still there.

Thanks John,
I just checked the camera and there are 61 pictures on it. Tried to put the disc in both my laptop & desktop. Neither one finds anything on the disc. It asked me to insert a disc into the drive.
Would there be any reason the non rewritable disc might do this?
Ken

I can't think of a reason. I used to have that camera myself and never had an issue w/ loosing pics from the cd. I used both r/w as well a cd-r. Is the cd drive on both computers cd roms or cd burners? That would be the only thing I could think of for it not to recognize it if it was a rom only but the camera should close the cd at the end of each session allowing you to see the images on any pc. No luck trying to import through the camera?

I used to have a Mavica 1000 and your best bet would be to leave the CD in the camera using it's reader to copy the pics to a computer HD via the usb cable. You say you can view them on the camera, so the files are likely fine.

Does your computer have a RW CDROM in it? Is there RW software for the RW CDROM installed? I used to have problems if the CD was taken right out of the camera and put into a system that didn't have a CDRW drive with the software loaded, because the CD as it is in the camera isn't closed and therefore isn't readible to non CDRW's or CDRW's without RW software loaded.

Like I said... use the USB cable and all should be well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back