I need help

A shutter speed of 1/1000 or faster is usually fast enough to capture fast moving objects although depending on your light you may have to bump ISO right up which may deteriorate image quality slightly.

Im not familiar with your camera and im new to photography aswell but if it has manual setting's try shooting at 1/1000 or faster and see how you get on

Ok, I'm not too familiar with that either. Normally what I do is turn all in camera processing settings off, stuff like high ISO noise reduction and the like that can slow things down. From there I normally shoot in manual mode, with an aperture of f8 (around the sharpest for my lens and gives a deep enough depth of field for the bird to be in focus), shutter speed between 1/800th sec to 1/1000th (but I've seen me have to go as high as 1/1600th trying to shoot puffins from a moving boat) and auto ISO with either centre weighted metering or spot metering depending on the difference in light on the bird and background.

Sometimes with small light birds on a dark background or small dark birds on a light background metering can be tricky so I'll switch to shutter priority with a fast shutter speed around 1/1000th sec, set the ISO manually and use Exposure Compensation bejng careful not yo blow out the highlights or the shadows though this tends to force me into shooting wide open which means my shots are not quite as sharp as when I've stopped down and I get more DoF errors creeping in.

I have heard of others shooting in aperture priority and bumping the ISO up to get the fastest shutter speed they can but this method doesn't seem to work well for myself.

As far as Autofocusing goes I tend to use a single point mode or expanded (5 points) most of the time, though I note that your camera has a tracking mode that may work, I think you just need to experiment with this and se what works.

Birds in flight are a difficult thing to shoot though and you will get a low keeper rate but I find it fun to try!

Fuji S9200 info
from
Fujifilm FinePix S9200 Review | PhotographyBLOG
The Fujifilm FinePix S9200 is a new ultra-zoom bridge camera. Looking and handling very much like a DSLR, the Fujifilm S9200 boasts a 50x zoom lens which covers a 35mm equivalent focal range of 24-1200mm and features 3-stop lens-shift image stabilisation. Other highlights of the Fujifilm S9200 include a 1/2.3-inch 16.4 megapixel backlit CMOS sensor, a 3-inch 460k-dot LCD monitor, 201k-dot electronic viewfinder, and full 1080p HD movie recording at up to 60fps with stereo sound and 5-Axial image stabilisation. In addition there’s an ISO range of 100-12,800, continuous shooting at 10fps, High Speed movie capture at 480fps, a customisable Function button, and full manual controls. The Fujifilm FinePix S9200 is available now for £269.99 / $349.99 in the UK / US respectively.

In a thread within the last 2 weeks someone else with a bridge camera was having issues. I don't know this camera but I think the major problem you'll find is the AutoFocus module is not as complex as on a DSLR. You'll have to dive into the manual to understand how the Autofocus Area and Modes are to support BIF (bird in flight).

It may have a good zoom, But may not have a fast enough AF system or tracking system. My Nikon P7800 is a nice little camera with full manual controls. But the AF system is clearly NOT DSLR like. And there's a shutter lag which for BIF actually may not work at all as the bird's motion (not parallel) may make it OOF by the time it took a shot. The lag doesn't seem like much, until you have a fast moving object.

Can someone give me so tips or some tutorials at how to shoot birds that are flying.I know about the ISO and the shutter speed, I also have a tripod but I don't know how to position myself, how to control the camera to get the photo.Does the bird have to fly or shoud I scare her and then take the shot.If the bird is flying how can I get the shot? I can't zoom in because the bird will fly too fast.I don't know, if someone could help my I will apreaciate.

No sweat

I use a special technic, I try to only photograph the big slow flying birds and In flight they have a small window where just as they are ready to lift there wings for their next downward stroke they are moving slower.

Its at that instant I take the photo LOL and of coarse every frame comes out picture perfect ..

I hope you are not buying all this BS, LOL.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back