I need motivation...

sambrody44

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
To actually get out and use my camera!

HELP!

Look at pics from artist sites, from this site etc...
When I see certain pics that I really like, it makes me want to try and do the same.

Don't look at it like "Today I'm going out to take photos, and do photography." Go do something else that interests you, hobby, job, whatever..., and take your camera along.

The problem I've been having is that I usually take my camera bag with me where ever I go and keep it in my car. With winter fast approaching, I'm concerned about leaving it in my car with the colder weather.

The problem I've been having is that I usually take my camera bag with me where ever I go and keep it in my car.
:x

You worry too much. I wrapped my camera with $2.99 beach towel.
I went to the beach today and I used the towel for myself, so the camera was shamelessly naked at the back seat.

Leave that bag of yours at home and take the camera with you. You shoot with camera not with bag, kapish?. :D

A bag or case that seals tightly can actually retain warm air, and keep gear close to the temp it was at when the case/bag was closed.

I don't know how cold it gets where you live, and there probably is such a thing as too cold, but cameras aren't damaged by regular winter temps. The main issue is when bringing an ice cold camera/lens inside where there's warm moist air to condense on the camera surfaces, including inner surfaces. Seal the camera in a large ziplock freezer bag while still outside in the cold. Then the moist air can't get to the camera as it's warming up.

Another option is to get a beater camera: a camera that'll get the job done, but one which you won't worry as much about mistreating.

Is the mid to low thirties and sometimes into the high to mid twenties okay?

:x

You worry too much. I wrapped my camera with $2.99 beach towel.
I went to the beach today and I used the towel for myself, so the camera was shamelessly naked at the back seat.

Leave that bag of yours at home and take the camera with you. You shoot with camera not with bag, kapish?. :D

By camera bag I meant, my camera, 3 lenses, 3 memory cards, 3 batteries and other accessories.

No I do. I have found that I like setting up a lot of photo's with a tripod and some of the things I want to shoot, such as night landscapes, running water and other such longer exposures, have to be done in the public eye. I'm hesitant to set my tripod up on the street.

I've also found that my recent move from the top of a mountain to a small city has left me some what bored with what is available to photograph during the winter, too much gray, not all that much vivid color.

So I would like to ask, how many of you set your tripod up while in public and how exactly do you go about it?

Also where do most look for inspiration when everything is so white and gray during winter?

Hurry because I want to get a night time picture of the bridge outside my buildings front door before snow falls on it.

The tripod probably came with directions for setting it up; it's the same as when not in public.

Sorry that was stupid but I can't relate to the not being motivated to take photographs thing.

I'm hesitant to set my tripod up on the street.

Is it the embarrassment factor ? I know I have been embarrassed to take pics with my big ol dslr in public places. Yesterday was really the first time since I've got my camera that I said the heck with it. Some people looked at me funny, who knows that they were thinking.
I decided not to let fear rule me, and took the first step toward knocking down that obstacle.
There are many obstacles to taking great pictures, most of them cause us not to do it !! Getting out and doing it is the only way !!
:D

If your sky is full of grey. Look the other direction. Get down into the grass, the dirt, bugs, flowers, etc...

Maybe if the sky is grey, try some B&W of old broken down buildings, rusted hulk of cars. Something where the mood of the sky will match the scene.

If the weather is bad. Take some stuff out of the fridge and do some still life work.

Is the mid to low thirties and sometimes into the high to mid twenties okay?

I don't know if it is bad for the camera or not but I get away with it in worse weather than that... I've done it in close to 0* weather and no real problems. Another idea would be to buy and old cheap film slr and go shoot and not worry about it I'm pretty sure film would be fine in that weather just get a manual one and you won't have much in the way of electronics to fry.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back