I need some advice here...

Jason H

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I just recently got myself a digital camera, and a few of the local bands out here have asked if I could take some pictures for them...while playing, and just band shots.

I'm good with all of the "set-up" shots, but I'm not really used to the action shots. I took a few good shots at the last show, but most of them ended up a little blurry, or over-exposed.

I really want to take some better pictures, because there could be some potential pay, if they like the pictures enough.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me to try. I'm up for trying anything.

Thanx,

Jason

Depending on the lighting, you will want a lens with as large of a low aperture as possible that you can afford. A F1.8 vs. F3.5. The larger the front element the brighter and better the image. This will also allow you to get faster shots (stop motion) with much less noise in the image.

Watch the angle of the lens for flare, and do a dry run before the final shoot.

If you can set up constant on lights in particular positions, go with that.

Also try diff. angles, and mood lighting. Tripod, and hand held are both used in this, but try to keep the ISO settings as low as possible for the lighting so as to saturate the images with color.

Other people who have done this can also help in this matter as well.

Well right now I really can't afford a new lens.

Yeah I've done some stuff with different ISOs' and things like that...but as for the lighting elements I really can't set them up because the band are playing on stage.

But thank you

Jason

Most reactions

Back