I need some feedback.. i feel like these are my best so far

I think they both look great! Underexposed on the first one? I get that but I also think that if that's how it looked naturally with the naked eye then it's spot on. Which lens are you taking those with, just curious?

I think they both look great! Underexposed on the first one? I get that but I also think that if that's how it looked naturally with the naked eye then it's spot on. Which lens are you taking those with, just curious?
thank you.. using the Tamron 18-400..

Nice separation from the pleasant background created good bokeh and subject isolation. Not over-cropped. Nice light. Nice composition. Great job!

Nice separation from the pleasant background created good bokeh and subject isolation. Not over-cropped. Nice light. Nice composition. Great job!
thanks so much ... cannot wait to practice again today.. nice and sunny.. but cold..

Feedback per request:

I personally prefer the muted colors of the first, they fit the mood better for me. That shot also minimizes the effect of the house in the background, it's bright enough in the second shot to start to compete with the dove for my eyes' attention. I like the depth of field, and the colors of the foliage in the background work very well with the colors of the dove.

As a personal choice, I'd have composed them slightly differently. I see that in both shots the dove's eye is well centered horizontally and that it's feet are well centered vertically. This puts most of its body - and the focal point of the images - in the upper left quadrant. I'm not sure there's enough of interest in the rest of the shot to balance it out. I also think that if you had put the dove lower, and maybe slightly left, the great line from its tailfeathers to its beak would lead you into the shot.

Feedback per request:

I personally prefer the muted colors of the first, they fit the mood better for me. That shot also minimizes the effect of the house in the background, it's bright enough in the second shot to start to compete with the dove for my eyes' attention. I like the depth of field, and the colors of the foliage in the background work very well with the colors of the dove.

As a personal choice, I'd have composed them slightly differently. I see that in both shots the dove's eye is well centered horizontally and that it's feet are well centered vertically. This puts most of its body - and the focal point of the images - in the upper left quadrant. I'm not sure there's enough of interest in the rest of the shot to balance it out. I also think that if you had put the dove lower, and maybe slightly left, the great line from its tailfeathers to its beak would lead you into the shot.
what a keen eye you have.. i couldn't believe it when you mentioned the house in the back ground.. i was so relieved that the house was out of sight with the heavy golden brush.. wow.. thanks i will think about what you said and maybe try to fiddle with the other photos i saved . thank you

I didn't notice any of that stuff either. I love the first one. The second one seems a little less sharp and not as interesting in exposure or composition. That first one is just about perfect for my taste though. Well done!

I didn't notice any of that stuff either. I love the first one. The second one seems a little less sharp and not as interesting in exposure or composition. That first one is just about perfect for my taste though. Well done!
thanks very much Jon.. i appreciate your kind words

Feedback per request:

A Very KEEN-eyed C&C!

The colors in the first one are stunning - I like the exposure.

Most reactions

Back