I need some help please

ang1995

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking for a camera for a guy I know. He is going to be using it to take pictures of glass windows before and after they instal the graphics on the windows so he is needs something that is not going to have a lot of glare and reflection in the window, he wants good quality pictures but something that is going to hold up for awhile and have good battery life.
The main thing is the glare and reflection. So is there a camera or a filter that would help to eliminate that??

A circular polarizer is ideal for taming reflections. They mount solidly to dSLR's, and you can simply hold one in front of any type of camera without mounting it.

The camera does not matter. A polarizing filter can help control unwanted reflections. He can also build his own diffusion panels. But no, there is no camera that can do what you want without knowledge of lighting.

That is what I thought but since I'm still don't know everything I wanted to make sure there wasn't one out there or something. : )

What about a camera... he is going to have to get one for all of his crews that he has working for him. He said middle to higher end and he just wants something that is going to be good all around

What about a camera... he is going to have to get one for all of his crews that he has working for him. He said middle to higher end and he just wants something that is going to be good all around
Well, high end cameras can cost $30,000...so 'middle to higher end' might be somewhere in the $4000-$8000 range. Lets look at those now....

Oh, that's more than he wants to spend? You should have given us a budget (and maybe a better description of what is required from them). ;) :lol:

Who ever uses whichever camera is ultimately chosen will still need to learn at a minimum the basic fundamentals of photographic lighting and the basic fundamentals of doing photography.

It's the photographer, not the camera.

lol yeah I kinda thought the same thing but thats what I was told to do.

I totally agree with you Keith but these guys are not very good with electronics so I'm pretty sure they would not catch onto photography and settings very fast.

So I guess maybe you should look at the low to middle end cameras and they will need to have a good automatic setting too : ) I'm just not very good with cameras and stuff yet but trying to learn all I can about the diff brands and stuff : )

its about the quality of light moreso than the camera body (by only as much as the US/Greek national deficit or more)

but these guys are not very good with electronics so I'm pretty sure they would not catch onto photography

Perhaps that money is better spent then on hiring someone who is "good" with a camera. In the end, they can spend some cash trying to buy their way into a camera that they think will do it for them, spend a lot of time in frustration with mediocre (at best) results, and then hire someone, OR, hire someone on the front end and save time, money and frustration.

but these guys are not very good with electronics so I'm pretty sure they would not catch onto photography

Perhaps that money is better spent then on hiring someone who is "good" with a camera. In the end, they can spend some cash trying to buy their way into a camera that they think will do it for them, spend a lot of time in frustration with mediocre (at best) results, and then hire someone, OR, hire someone on the front end and save time, money and frustration.

That would not work very well since there is a lot of traveling and the jobs go by very fast so in order to do that you would have to have about 10 photographers and they would always be on the road. The guys know how to take the pictures okay they just need something that is going to eliminate glare and reflection and I need to find a camera that will work good for them. Prob something that has a good automatic setting

Just a nice portable point and shoot is fine, taking the shot when there's no direct light on the glass, no flash used with work. No skill needed.

But the guys are in a big hurry and there is a lot of times that there is direct light and they are not going to sit and wait or anything.

Is there any way to get the filter on a p&s?

Okay so another question... first can you put a filter on a p&s or a hybrid or do you have to have a slr?

If there are threads on the end of the lens, then you can mount a filter right to it. Lots of P&S cameras don't have mounting threads though, in that case you can just hold the filter in front of the lens with your other hand and it will work just as well.

I've seen some magnetic mount filters for P&S cameras, but I don't know which cameras they actually work with, or if they even had Circular Polarizers.

Okay thats what i thought but just wanted to make sure!

So would there be like a lower end slr or something that you would recommend? Sorry for all the stupid questions!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back