I NEED SOME HELP

Donutboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Yup, looks like dust on the sensor. Are the spots in the same place on multiple shots? That would be a good indicator.

Try a search for "sensor cleaning"

i had some similar to this, but it wasn't on every shot, i thought maybe dust on the lens/filter. how often should one clean their sensors?

You may have to be clear on which type of camera that you own.

However, because it is highly impropable that you own a SLR camera or anything that deals with detaching your lens (if you do you would have known the problem and don't have to come here at all), it's very likely you have a digital point-and-shoot camera - which is normally fixed-lens and doesn't come in contact with the environment at all.

What you should do if my prediction about you is correct:
1) Ask your authorized dealer or whoever sold you that camera to either replace it or repair it for you for free IF it is a 1st-hand camera and you've own it less than a year. No way dust could have got in a fixed-lens point-and-shoot when contact with outside environment is almost-nil.
2) if it is a second-hand camera you'll need to send it for repair (sensor-clean). It is highly likely the previous owner opened it up out of curiosity and managed to put it back without damage: however, dust would have got in.

Don't clean the sensor by yourself at all! It's not worth the risk of damage.

JTHphoto said:
i had some similar to this, but it wasn't on every shot, i thought maybe dust on the lens/filter. how often should one clean their sensors?

When the resultant pictures are adversely affected by dust!

Search here for sensor cleaning - it's been done already.

Rob

Most reactions

New Topics

Back