I need tips for an Olympus E-P3

bmlsayshi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just bought an Olympus E-P3 but I am having trouble getting many good photos out of it. Does anyone have any tips and tricks for shooting with this camera, or any favorite settings? I have the kit 14-42 lens and the Panasonic 20mm f1.7. All of my photos end up with bad coloring, bad lighting, bad highlight clipping, or some combination thereof. (At least everything is quickly in focus, which was half the reason I bought this camera (the other reason being because its small)).

I generally shoot RAW with the IS.1 on at a set focal length and the noise filter off. I've tried with and without a circular polarizer, and it doesn't seem to matter either way. What picture mode should I use (I am currently using natural)?

I really want to like this camera, but if I can't get it to take better pictures I will have to return it :(

My previous camera (which I still have and love) is a Sony a200. I didn't have to do anything to get that camera to take good photos. I just want something more portable with a better focusing system (That thing is slow as mud and often out of focus. Plus Sony can't make lenses well, but at least they had Konica-Minolta's help with the alpha lenses).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back