I NEED TO KNOW!!

mommaof2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone ever used or owned a Kodak P712.! That's what i am using to learn on and need to know do i need to invest in something else!! Or do i really just not know what i am doing!!
I got this camera for my birthday and i am working with someone but i just would like to know if i need something else that would help me learn more!
If you have had experience with this camera please let me know everything you know!!!

Thank you!!
:blushing:

mommaof2;
P&S = point & shoot,
dSLR = digital single lens reflex.

The camera you have is described in part :
“the Kodak P712 is designed for advanced amateurs who haven't made the jump to a digital SLR yet.”

That quote is from the following link, a review of your camera.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/P712/P712A.HTM

When this camera is no longer a challenge you will have learned an awful lot about photography. My opinion.

So in other words since i am demanding to take great shots (NOW) i need to invest in a DSLR to get the look that i like!! Do you recommend that i save for another camera, but in the mean time learn more on mine?
What would be good to get?
How do i upload pics on here, so i can show what i want to do?

So in other words since i am demanding to take great shots (NOW) i need to invest in a DSLR to get the look that i like!! Absolutely not, you already have a camera capable of good pictures, you need to learn how to use it. How do i upload pics on here, so i can show what i want to do? You have to use a third party host such as Photobucket unless you are a money paying contributer to this forum.

:wink:

I'll second what Ron has to say. The camera is one of the least important parts of the whole photography equation. A talented photographer can take stunning shots with a $5 disposable, while someone with no idea what they're doing will take 100% bad photos with a $5,000 camera body and $20,000 lens.

So stick with what you have for now, and learn to take great shots with it. The time will eventually come for you to upgrade, and you'll know it when it does.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back