I need to make my own website but I don't know where to start

I use both Zenfolio and Wordpress for my business.

If you are planning to sell them online and/or wanting to have client galleries, I suggest checking into either Zenfolio or Smugmug. Zenfolio is associated with Mpix/MpixPro and Smugmug with BayPhoto and White House, so you may want to choose depending on which lab(s) you prefer.
I chose Zenfolio because I like the user interface a little better than Smugmug. My geeky friend prefers Smugmug for its flexibility in customization since he knows how to customize using html, CSS, etc.

If you are only wanting to show your work in blog style (good point to start), then Wordpress is easy and very good. I use ProPhoto templates for my sites but there are many free/inexpensive templates available. I have my menus set so my Zenfolio galleries are accessible from my Wordpress site.

Unless you are an IT geek, I do not recommend creating your own website using programs like DreamWeaver.

Good luck:)

ETA: I use Moo.com for my business cards. Very good quality cards but a little more expensive than average.

Last edited:
I'm looking at making a website for my real life job, and I've been looking into Joomla. I've looked at a couple of youtube videos and it seems like a pretty good deal. It's an opensource program like gimp and there are tons of free extensions for it.

Have you decided on something else already?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back