I needed two days to figure out you need to peel off an SLR's lens lid manually...

peppersasen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My point is: I'm an amateur and I'm not going to pretend otherwise. I also like it a lot when cameras are pink.

I've owned a Kodak EasyShare LS420 (first camera ever and retired), Casio Exilim EX-Z75, Sony Ericsson T610, BlackBerry Curve 8900, LG C310, a hand-me-down Nikon D70 I have no idea how to use. I like camera phone photography a lot and I have about 7 jelly lenses.

I joined this forum to ask about a camera I really want Sony DSC-TX10 (it's rugged compact that's waterproof) and maybe as soon as I purchase the camera get some tips about taking photos of the rain. But I think I would like to stay here for a long time.

I'd like to learn how to be more in control of the photos I take. Because I can get two really different results on my camera phones and I wish I could do something about it.

:hugs:

Hey, at least you figured it out ... some may just give up and think the camera is broken.

Hahaha!! Well, the first step is admitting you have a problem....for example, I have yet to figure out how to program our coffee maker. Or, um, actually make coffee, for that matter. Sad but true.

Anyways, you'll find a ton of good information on here, do a search for whatever topic you are interested in, and happy reading!

dxqcanada I initially thought it was broken too!

BlackSheep
certain coffee machines need programming? That's news to me... :blushing:

My point is: I'm an amateur and I'm not going to pretend otherwise. I also like it a lot when cameras are pink.

I've owned a Kodak EasyShare LS420 (first camera ever and retired), Casio Exilim EX-Z75, Sony Ericsson T610, BlackBerry Curve 8900, LG C310, a hand-me-down Nikon D70 I have no idea how to use. I like camera phone photography a lot and I have about 7 jelly lenses.

I joined this forum to ask about a camera I really want Sony DSC-TX10 (it's rugged compact that's waterproof) and maybe as soon as I purchase the camera get some tips about taking photos of the rain. But I think I would like to stay here for a long time.

I'd like to learn how to be more in control of the photos I take. Because I can get two really different results on my camera phones and I wish I could do something about it.

:hugs:

An unscrupulous, twisted,demented TPF Forum member might tell you that you also need to get the air ionized properly in the living room before using ISO 800. Or might send you over to the neighbor's house to get a bucket of steam, to help steam it open. Or tell you to find some Screwitall at the local Walgreen's Pharmacy...

An unscrupulous, twisted,demented TPF Forum member might tell you that you also need to get the air ionized properly in the living room before using ISO 800. Or might send you over to the neighbor's house to get a bucket of steam, to help steam it open. Or tell you to find some Screwitall at the local Walgreen's Pharmacy...

Okay, now I'm scared. :meh:

thank you for the kind welcoming. may i ask why some people let others edit their photos while others don't? i only said i don't mind because i was worried i'd miss out on something good. i'm curious to know what considerations are taken when they're not?

in fact, i think i failed to thank everyone else. where are my manners? THANK YOOOOU! :mrgreen:

OMG, anyway, this is the funniest emoticon ever: :grumpy: i haven't seen it used in any other forum. LOL.

Oh, thank you, c.cloudwalker! When I grow up, I'm going to be an artist with that camera! ;)

When I grow up, I'm going to be an artist with that camera! ;)

With a response like that I just had to go look up jelly lenses and, now, I hope you grow up soon :lol:

First, let me say that it made me, almost (but only almost), want to go and learn how the camera on my phone works.

Two, since the blind photographer* is most probably passé by now, you stand a very good chance of being the next big thing in the art photography world. Your future is so bright I needs to wear shades*.

Hope to see you in the pages of the best art magazines...

* those are art references made to help you get started in the right way. And if anyone tries to tell you there is no wrong way, tell them c.c said: how can there be no right way if there is a left way?

put on your shades because i'm planning on getting the BlackBerry 9790 and that has an awllsome camera! and also whatever Sony will show at the CES 2012 that will succeed the TX10.

*logs off to Google "the blind photographer"*

Most reactions

Back