I pulled the trigger on a Z6 and 24-70 F4

In difficult lighting, I think you will love the ability to adjust the exposure BEFORE you press the shutter.
No more; shoot, chimp, adjust, and repeat until the exposure looks good.

A few weeks ago I read the dPreview account on the new 50/1.8 in Z-mount--Very good, especially wide-open. Sounds like a new era is upon us; if the 50 is an indication, and I read Ming Thein's review of the 24-70, the new flange-focal distance gives lens designers more freedom, and an ability to design better-performing lenses than the F-mount. Apparently the new 24-70 is a very consistent performer.

Please, let us know what you think, and if possible, post a few shots from the new setup!

Have fun with it!

Review: Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 S

"In a market full of costly F1.4 and F1.2 primes, Nikon's new mid-priced F1.8 might not immediately stand out from the crowd, and for lovers of soft swirly bokeh, or flare, or sunstars, there are prettier lenses on the market. But for fans of low light photography, the ability to work at F1.8 practically without compromise demands that the Z 50mm F1.8 S be taken seriously. Compared to Nikon's legacy F mount 50mm primes, the new Z 50mm F1.8 S belongs to a new generation of optics, and not only in terms of sharpness, but coma and LoCA too, both of which are exceptionally well-controlled."

A few weeks ago I read the dPreview account on the new 50/1.8 in Z-mount--Very good, especially wide-open. Sounds like a new era is upon us; if the 50 is an indication, and I read Ming Thein's review of the 24-70, the new flange-focal distance gives lens designers more freedom, and an ability to design better-performing lenses than the F-mount. Apparently the new 24-70 is a very consistent performer.

Please, let us know what you think, and if possible, post a few shots from the new setup!

Have fun with it!
Indeed Derrel. I'm keeping my DF though. But, I've been waiting from a lower price on a used copy from B&H, Adorama, MPB or KEH, and finally, boom! My wife may kill me in a few days when it arrives before I even get to use it.
I was going to tell her that I sold the DF to pay for it, but she really would kill me then. Ha!

Df...pretty rare digital Nikon...maybe the rarest dslr Nikon has released? I am not sure, really.

I will be interested to hear you thoughts about the Z6. Apparently, it is a very good video camera.

I honestly think that 24MP is plenty for most people...and it is overkill for casual snaps.

$1,800 for a pretty new camera and 24-70 lens sounds like a good deal to me.

Df...pretty rare digital Nikon...maybe the rarest dslr Nikon has released? I am not sure, really.

I will be interested to hear you thoughts about the Z6. Apparently, it is a very good video camera.

I honestly think that 24MP is plenty for most people...and it is overkill for casual snaps.

$1,800 for a pretty new camera and 24-70 lens sounds like a good deal to me.
Thanks Derrel! That's why I don't want to let go of my DF because it's likely my last DSLR and an odd/unusual one at that. And like you said... 24MP is plenty (at least for me). I love the 16MP I have with the DF, so I'll be good. I once owned the D800 and realized it was a bit much for my needs.

It's here and it's mint!!! B&H 8+ rating rules!!! I'm impressed.

Shot these with my old Samsung Galaxy J7. I haven't played with the Z6 yet. Charging the battery. Bought it with a used 32GB Sony XQD as well. Ready to rock and roll, just waiting on the battery. Ha!

20190530_125236.jpg
20190530_125326.jpg

Kinda funny a Df and a mirrorless. 'Bout as far apart as one can get with electronic capture both cameras being current.

Looks great! Let us know how you like it!

Most reactions

Back