I pulled the trigger on a Z6 and 24-70 F4

Thoughts so far?
So far, so good. And the wife loves it. Ha!!!
Honestly, I love the built in VR/IBIS. That's really cool. Flip screen and touch screen, cute, but I don't care. Ergonomics are fantastic and build.
The 24-70 is sharp across the board, even at F4.

Any sample photo's taken with the camera, not of it ;)

Any sample photo's taken with the camera, not of it ;)
Here you go!

Shot all these today with the Z6 and Z24-70 F4 S. All shot at F4 and ISO 6400.

DSC_0205_295.JPG
DSC_0209_296.JPG
DSC_0210_297.JPG
DSC_0216_298.JPG
DSC_0219_299.JPG
DSC_0223_300.JPG

I can remember a time around 20 years ago when pictures like that would have had to have been made at ISO 200 or lower. It seems almost incredible to me that those were shot at ISO 6400

You did a pretty good job shooting with the lens at f/4

I can remember a time around 20 years ago when pictures like that would have had to have been made at ISO 200 or lower. It seems almost incredible to me that those were shot at ISO 6400
Agreed. I'm blown away at the performance at ISO 6400. My DF would have shown more noise. Impressive.

Derrel, I'm tempted to try ISO 12,800 & F4 indoors next time. Just curious if the images would start to deteriorate.

I just put a big fat nasty scratch with my car keys, on the bottom/front of my DF yesterday. But a Birchwood Casey Aluminum Blueing Pen cleaned up just fine. Boom!

Just grabbed a Nikon SB-500 for my Z6. Owned it back in the days. I didn't want it for my DF because if doesn't have a the AF assist light that the DF needs for occasional help. And it has the video LED's that the DF doesn't need. So I grabbed a used one for $120.00 from MPB. I think it's a great match (modern, slim look) for the Z6.

NikonSB500.jpg

Curious about the size of the camera and lens together. Any chance you can snap a photo of it with something next to it for size reference? Or one of your hand holding it? The lens looks big but that could be a distorted angle of view...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back