I pushed this this 35mm film ~ when I was in Armenia

valley ranch

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Greetings ~ I once lived in the dark room :

In 2000 the wife, daughters and I went to Armenia ~ we were there for several months ``` While there I shot rolls of 35mm ~ upon our return we had many rolls developed ~ I had a darkroom and so did Uncle Arnold ~ well uncle Arnold has passed away at 99 ~ I don't have a darkroom now for years ```

I still have several rolls of undeveloped 35mm some color some Black and White ~ I pushed the film ~ not sure I have a record of how far I pushed the speed or what ```

Have I wet anyones appetite ```
Thank you
seth

Kinds sounds like the OP is fishing for someone to soup some film that needs push-processed.

18 year BW old film that needs pushed.....? Use Kodak X-Tol diluted to 1:1. It will cut down on base fog and help with shadow detail. You don't really need a darkroom to just develop film.

For the black and white film I would use very dilute developer (such as Rodinol) and stand develop. The EI of the exposure will not matter.

Sent from my 8070 using Tapatalk

we've ranches in California and Nevada ~ it would be neat to find someone with his or her darkroom who would be interested in setting developing the rolls I mentioned ~ some are Black and White ~ just a thought ```

seth

I did ~ not too long ago ~ come into a Beseler Enlarger ~ but I don't plan to set up again ```

Wonder if they still have a darkroom at the collage ```

we've ranches in California and Nevada ~ it would be neat to find someone with his or her darkroom who would be interested in setting developing the rolls I mentioned ~ some are Black and White ~ just a thought ```

seth

You don't need a darkroom to develop the film. You only need one if you want to do wet prints.

I thought you "once lived in the darkroom" - did you never use a daylight developing tank?

You can develop the film yourself and then send them to get scanned at some place like Dwayne's (A trusted name in photo processing for over 60 years - Dwayne's Photo) or The Darkroom (Photo Lab Film Developing | Develop Film by Mail for $11 - The Darkroom).

Yes or course I have tanks and this and that ~ and chemicals of how good who knows now ~ you're suggesting I not be lazy and do it myself ```
I somehow dread doing that ``` I'm unsure of myself now ~ my equipment is boxed and stored and ```

Well ~ maybe I'll have to ~ if the collage has a darkroom ~ I could do it there ~ with the black and white ~ the color I could do in tanks and guesstamate ~ check the first roll and extend or shorten the time ```

Ok limr ~ thanks for the kick in the arse ~ that's a definite maybe ```

seth

Yes or course I have tanks and this and that ~ and chemicals of how good who knows now ~ you're suggesting I not be lazy and do it myself ```
I somehow dread doing that ``` I'm unsure of myself now ~ my equipment is boxed and stored and ```

Well ~ maybe I'll have to ~ if the collage has a darkroom ~ I could do it there ~ with the black and white ~ the color I could do in tanks and guesstamate ~ check the first roll and extend or shorten the time ```

Ok limr ~ thanks for the kick in the arse ~ that's a definite maybe ```

seth

Well, not suggesting you were lazy but just confused about why you thought you needed a darkroom if all you want to do is to develop the film. But perhaps you are also thinking that you need to print at least contact sheets in the darkroom, too. Which is fine, and it's possible your local college or a high school still maintains a darkroom, but again, you can always get the negatives scanned after they are developed and edit them digitally instead of wet printing.

At any rate, if you are worried about the condition of your developing chemicals and don't feel like buying more, you can always use Caffenol, a homemade developer made from instant coffee, Vitamin C powder, and washing powder. I have developed long-expired black and white film using 60-70-minute stand development in Caffenol with good results. I can share the recipe and procedures if you decide to give it a go.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back