I Quit!

bentcountershaft

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After 25 years I finally quit smoking. It's been 20 days tobacco free. Somehow I've managed not to hurt anyone.

Bravo!!!! Send some of your will power my way.

Thanks, it wasn't easy, but it's unbelievable how much better I already feel. My lung capacity must have doubled in the first week. The cough that was always there? Gone. No wheezing. I'm stunned how quick it was to fell better.

I quit for 10 years but am on a 4 year slip. I know I can do it but my willpower aged fasted than I did.

Congratulations on kicking the most difficult drug habit to kick - tougher than heroin, cocaine or alcohol.

Congratulations on kicking the most difficult drug habit to kick - tougher than heroin, cocaine or alcohol.

Oh yeah?!

I don't speak from personal experience, if that's what you're thinking, but I know some doctors who know quite a bit about substance abuse and they all say so.

You know the Pink Floyd Video to Brick in the Wall? When I gave up smoking a dozen or so years ago, I had the recurring nightmare that I was the teacher and the hammers chasing me were cigarettes. Just don't look back!

Well, good for you man! That is truly commendable. It only gets EASIER, the longer you go.

Good on you cobber!
You can do it.
Keep doing what you've been doing. The cravings go away quicker and are father apart as time goes on.

I smoked my last cigarette on March 21, 2005. I smoked 2 packs a day, but quit cold turkey after smoking for 38 years.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back