I really need some help please

Cheyan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have my first wedding coming up in June. It is a friend of mine who I used to work with. I have no idea what I am doing. I don't know what poses to do or where to go after the cermony. The thing about this is she has never been to or in a wedding ever this in fact is her first wedding ever. So that means she won't be any help. I am so nervous and scared. What can I do.

The best thing to do, would be to convince her to hire a professional photographer who has experience shooting weddings. This is supposed to be a once in a lifetime event and it's not a time to practice or learn how to be a wedding photographer.

Perhaps you could suggest a compromise...tell her to hire a pro for the most important parts (typically the ceremony & formals) and then offer to shoot the rest yourself.

I Agree! I was asked to do Wedding photos once before and it was best that she had a professional before she asked me!! As it was my first time doing them I KNOW I didnt get the shots to be as i wished I had.. Practice makes perfect so dont let that stop you from wanting to shoot along with a professional until you are 100% sure you KNOW what you are doing.. Even though I have seen a professional do her thing, Im still not sure I would do this ON my OWn yet...

The best thing to do, would be to convince her to hire a professional photographer who has experience shooting weddings. This is supposed to be a once in a lifetime event and it's not a time to practice or learn how to be a wedding photographer.

Perhaps you could suggest a compromise...tell her to hire a pro for the most important parts (typically the ceremony & formals) and then offer to shoot the rest yourself.

I agree with Mike.

I had a friend ask me to do the same for her daughters wedding, and I would only do it if she had a pro shooting too. Wasn't to hard to convince her that a pro should do it, so that there are no surprises if my photos turned out badly.

It was that experience that opened my eyes to the fact that lighting can be challenging, white balance is critical, and that wedding photography was just way to damn stressful for me.

I concur with the above. Do not take the work on if you don't know what you are doing. It's a recipie for disaster on a once in a lifetime event.

Most reactions

Back