I see Doxx lurking about on the title page.... Hi Doxx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bokeh, your like the energizer bunny, your not giving up. It seems most people on this thread are ignoring you.

People are generally not observant of things going on around them, plusWhen you start to get good at street photography, (like Doxx is good at it) and know all the tricks, it becomes real easy to become a real "photo sniper".

Any serious street photographer that i have ever seen uses almost exclusively B&W for its mood setting qualities.

doxx said:
Markus, have you ever felt that you were being watched, post 9/11?

yes, there is a certain awareness after 9/11. I have been asked
by the cops a couple of times what I'm photographing, once a cop
told me it was against the law to photograph bridges (I just moved
to NY back then)

The subway photography ban is also an obvious result, but then
again what can they do?
Do you need a Model Releases for SP?

Thanks.

And what about the 2005 Calender that you are selling? Did you need a release for that?

Ohh btw Doxx, I havent really met you before, but you seem like a damned good guy, and if you get this many responses, you must be a good photographer! Yah gotto pm me some of yah work cause I really wanna see it!

Although B&W photography is not my bag I've always admired Doxx's work, great stuff!

B&w pictures grow on you. :0) I use to find them boring, but now I find it fun to get the tones and contrast out of some scenes.

Like a lot of people , I share the same opinion that b&w suits street photography right down to the ground ( scuse the pun :lol: ) .
It brings both realism and poetry to the images , which Doxx captures so succinctly.
I mainly use b&w the times I've gone out and tried my hand at street photography.

Doxx , in your images of the streets and people of New York , you capture the grit and heart of this urban jungle in such a classy and fascinating way.
A LOT of people would do well to take their cues from you :sillysmi:
I know your book and gallery showings will go well. G'luck !

danalec99 said:
I guess your tool helps too. The M6 would come accross as an old P&S camera to the layman. I think it helps a lot when compared to a monstrous slr/dslr.

THat's what telephotos are for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back