I see trees, ferns and moss

Tantalus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went for a walk in the woods and took some pictures. Hope you like these and critiques and comments are always welcome.:D
This is a hdr combo of 3 shots
P9190161-6263.jpg

I used the flash on the log, no hdr
P9190171.jpg

flash on this one as well
P9190174.jpg

I like three the light between the trees makes the photo. In my experience it is extremely difficult to capture the feeling and scene of being in a forrest as in numbers 1 and 2. I take those type of shots as well and always find they come out boring I think it has something to do with such a busy backgrond. The log helps these out a bit. I feel though these types of shots work well framed in right environment but as for viewing on a computer they just lack a certain quality that is hard to pinpoint.

You're right about 1 and 2. The background is too busy and lacks a focus to compliment the logs in the foreground. Perhaps some fog or special light would help but anyway thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

Photo 3 is extra special, and I really love to try take photos in the woods, but always find mine too cluttered, too busy, but that is what the woods are for you: there IS so much going on, and if the logs as in #1 lead your eye towards all that is going on, then I find that right and how it is. Only personal nitpick about 1 is the bluish colour ... I see to see the colours in the woods differently, less blue, more leaning towards warmer tones... But that is just me...

Actually, busy or not, bluish or not: I like all three of these quite much!!!

Nice photo's, I like #2 the best I think. Just love the way nature drapes the moss over the trees.

Regards,
Peter Witham

Thanks LaFoto, I played with the color balance abit and cropped it.
P9190161-6263b.jpg

GrfxGuru said:
Nice photo's, I like #2 the best I think. Just love the way nature drapes the moss over the trees.

Regards,
Peter Witham

Thanks Peter, glad you like it.

Nice, I like them. It's very difficult to get good pics in forests. I've tried it loads! I think the 3rd one works the best but I think they all do work. I agree with LaFoto, I think they all could do with being warmer. :thumbup:

Thanks Mohain, I think no 3 has more structure to it with the trees all lined up vertically and the backlight is nice too. Now if I can find a moss covered log for the foreground...

nice shots, your edit of #1 is much better. do you use any filters? a c. polarizer might bring the colors out a little more by decreasing the reflections... mine always makes a big difference in my forest shots...

Yes, I used circular polarizer on all 3 shots. Actually I never take it off except when shooting pano. :)

Good stuff, I really like the moss. The first two really appeal to me.

Glad you like 'em, oCyrus. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back