I shot some kids! First try . . . (56k murder-death-kill!)

Canon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last weekend my wife and I spent the afternoon by some friends and they decided that it might be nice to get some pictures of the kids who had been running around all day :confused:

So while they were still very hyper and wanting to get back to playing I had 4 minutes to put my camera together and start shooting :shock: Luckily I think some turned out pretty good given the limited circumstances. The parents pretty much chose the spots and got them arranged and then I directed them a little just before the shutter click.

All were shot with my 10D in RAW, 550EX Speedlight (off-shoe handheld), and my Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX focused manually at 70mm.

They could still use a little work I think but not too much :scratch: What do you think?

b1.jpg

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

You shouldn't be shooting kids!!!! You should be shooting deer or something!

Haha...

Anyway...I think you did a fantastic job o all of them! I can't think of any advice to give!

You shot 'em? :scratch: They look alive and kickin' to me......such a violent thread title: "shot kids, murder, death, kill"..... ok, had to be said, I'm done. ;)

I think you did a very good job. On the top one there are some hot spots on the cheeks you might could fix.

The second and third are both really nice! :) Very good exposures. Nice work!

These are GREAT! Very natural expressions and poses. In the first one it looks like you've got some blown highlights (but let me tell you, my first shots looked a LOT worse in that area!). Only suggestion I would have on the first two is maybe a little more DOF to seperate the subjects from the backgrounds. Really great shots!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back