I Sold My Girls!

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've had a showing for about a month up at Emerson Hospital in Concord, MA (taken down temporarily due to construction- will be up again in April).

Interestingly, I sold all of my angels. I guess I'm not the only one who is taken with Cemetery Angels.

Anyway, I fely like sharing... Many of you have already seen these, but here they are again anyway... :)

(as a side note... wow do these look amazing on this new IPS monitor...)

==1== ("Mary")
Concord Cemetary Angels - 082.jpg

==2== ("Dempsey")
Salem Day - St Mary's Cemetary - 026 bw.jpg

==3== ("Foisy")
Salem Day - St Mary's Cemetary - 052.jpg

Nice! I hadn't seen those before.. lovely!

Good for you, Man!! :hug::

Congrats, and enjoy the moment!

at Emerson Hospital in Concord, MA (...) I guess I'm not the only one who is taken with Cemetery Angels.
Hospitals are places where patients and relatives/friends are going though situations in which religion could play a big part in helping to cope. I'm sure people in hospitals see the beauty of these images under a whole different light than us here on forums. Do your angels sell better in hospitals than elsewhere?

Nice! I hadn't seen those before.. lovely!

Thanks! :)

Good for you, Man!! :hug::

Thank you, dear. :)

... and I thought you were happy about selling children.

I would have been... esp. after this week. :)

very nice, congrats!!!

Thanks. BTW, buy the D700. No question. :)

Congrats.

Thanks you! :)

Congrats, and enjoy the moment!

at Emerson Hospital in Concord, MA (...) I guess I'm not the only one who is taken with Cemetery Angels.
Hospitals are places where patients and relatives/friends are going though situations in which religion could play a big part in helping to cope. I'm sure people in hospitals see the beauty of these images under a whole different light than us here on forums. Do your angels sell better in hospitals than elsewhere?

Thanks, man.

Well, I've never sold one of them before, but then I haven't been on display much. This is my second showing, really. The pictures I've sold the most of are my old man snoozing at the library and the bridge from above. Beyond that there have been a few onesy-twosy kinda things to people who know me and have seen my work.

What you say makes sense, though... it's interesting because a lot of my work focuses on things that can be taken as a little... dark. I thought, perhaps, that might not be received well at all at a hospital.... but I suppose you could take my angels in a variety of different ways, depending on your mood and such.

Oh what's also interesting is the last two I sold this week actually went to a doctor at the Hospital. I haven't asked yet, but I'm hoping he's going to hang them in his office. :)

After I hadn't sold a single print at Emerson in a couple weeks I was starting to think maybe I would just give up on the idea of showing, but now I'm thinking maybe I need to make a more concerted effort at it.

Congrats! Not to derail, but which monitor did you go with?

Thanks. I went with the Dell U2410. IPS 24" panel. My only complaint is that it's RIDICULOUSLY bright... to get it calibrated I had to turn brightness to ZERO. I'm a little unnerved by that, but it's not varying really at ALL over the past couple weeks (I keep rechecking it), so it's good enough. For this level of color quality and this gamut... it's just not going to be perfect at $500, but it's very very very good.

Well, I'm from New Orleans, so I'm very partial to cemeteries, angels and great statues. Yours are really very beautiful. Makes me want to brave the robbers (cemeteries, and I'm not being funny) and go out and take some shots here in New Orleans. I just wish it wasn't so dangerous for a women walking around by herself. I'll have to find a friend who's brave enough to bo with me.

Thank you so much for sharing those photo's. As I've already said, there beautiful.

Congrats Manaheim. I really like #1. Her thoughtful look seems to shine against that dark background.

littlefish said:
Well, I'm from New Orleans, so I'm very partial to cemeteries, angels and great statues. Yours are really very beautiful. Makes me want to brave the robbers (cemeteries, and I'm not being funny) and go out and take some shots here in New Orleans. I just wish it wasn't so dangerous for a women walking around by herself. I'll have to find a friend who's brave enough to bo with me.

Thank you so much for sharing those photo's. As I've already said, there beautiful.

I've been wanting to go down there and explore the cemeteries... Is there an abundance of crime there???

Thanks for the comments. So glad you like my girls. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back