I stare into the Abyss that is my life until your return

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A bit dark and cold but plenty of fun was to be had.

Shame I couldn't get a good shot of the brown paper bag but with so many bloody twitchers pointing massive lenses and scopes at it I didn't stand a chance :lol: I'll let Hoppy explain just what the hell I'm on about

CLICK IMAGE FOR HIGH RES VERSIONS

Blue Tit

Lapwing

Great Crested Grebe

Long-Tailed Tit
only the second time in my life I've seen these lovely little birds

What no shot of the rare and illusive Bittern (paper bag)?

Love the Long Tailed Tit shots, didn't realize you had only seen them once before...

We spent the afternoon in a hide at our local reserve. When we got there it was nice and quiet but later in the afternoon it became Twitcher City!!! And the hide started ringing with enthusiastic calls of "I See It" and "Where?" and the replys of "Third Horizontal Reed Stem On The Right, Just By the Small Dark Patch". Oh yeah easy to spot, on an island 200 yards away covered in bloody reeds!!!!:er: In the seconds of quiet while people were trying to find said patch you could hear an Otter fancier say "Nah its a bloody paper bag!!!":lol:

Ho Hum... I guess you had to be there...

In the seconds of quiet while people were trying to find said patch you could hear an Otter fancier say "Nah its a bloody paper bag!!!":lol:
:biglaugh: LOVE IT!!!!!

Beautiful set of birdie pics, LP. Love how you compose them, and of course they are always so wonderfully sharp.

What no shot of the rare and illusive Bittern (paper bag)?

Love the Long Tailed Tit shots, didn't realize you had only seen them once before...

We spent the afternoon in a hide at our local reserve. When we got there it was nice and quiet but later in the afternoon it became Twitcher City!!! And the hide started ringing with enthusiastic calls of "I See It" and "Where?" and the replys of "Third Horizontal Reed Stem On The Right, Just By the Small Dark Patch". Oh yeah easy to spot, on an island 200 yards away covered in bloody reeds!!!!:er: In the seconds of quiet while people were trying to find said patch you could hear an Otter fancier say "Nah its a bloody paper bag!!!":lol:

Ho Hum... I guess you had to be there...

some people take life far too seriously, guess I don't take it seriously enough :lol:

anyway here it is folks
spottheball.jpg

yep that really did get a load of fully grown men in a flap :er:

Nice tits, Andy.

why thank you

:biglaugh: LOVE IT!!!!!

Beautiful set of birdie pics, LP. Love how you compose them, and of course they are always so wonderfully sharp.

cheers, the big lens helps ;)

I second that!

Diggin the vivid colour and the water droplet on the grebe in #6.

thanks

Great set of pics again :thumbup: :)
Those longtailed tits are groovy looking birds. People say they are in Holland too, never saw one though.

Most reactions

Back