I start a class tonight......

photo gal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Planet Carolyn..Cool place....you should visit!
Website
www.lulu.com
I am taking a portrait photography class and the first class is tonight.......Looking forward to it but nervous too....not sure why..............but in about a month I should have some photos to show for it.........Any suggestions?.....besides paying attention?

GO PHOTO GAL! I'm sure you'll do GREAT!

:cheer: :boogie: :clap: :boogie:

:tom selleck:

Oh, wait ... there's no icon for that ... yet!

Best wishes for your class. Can't wait to see some pics from it!

photo gal said:
I am taking a portrait photography class and the first class is tonight.......Looking forward to it but nervous too....not sure why..............but in about a month I should have some photos to show for it.........Any suggestions?.....besides paying attention?

Maybe realize they are showing you ONE way to do things? Not THE way?

Good luck!!! How exciting. I wish I wasn't in class 10 hrs a day as it is, I'd love to take a photography class.

you'll do fine...there may be people in your class that have very little knowledge about doing portraits.....and think how much you must have learnt on here! :D

photo gal said:
Any suggestions?.....besides paying attention?

Just have an open mind. The older I get, the more surprised I am about where I learn something if I just listen.

I'm looking forward to hearing some details. I wonder if your instructor will stick with posing, compsition and lighting; or will he/she get into the whole film vs digital thing.

Who's offering the class?

Pete

Thanks for the tips and encouragement everyone.....I have never taken any classes in photography and I am looking forward to learning new things! The tape recorder is a great idea...thanks Cindy.....and Pete the Instuctor is a veteren pro by the name of James Carmichael and he says he will cover....composition, exposure, light, lenses, portrait techniques, lighting patterns and light control (the lighting part is what hooked me, I really need help with that) and then towards the end we will have a model shoot! I'm excited....still a little nervouss though....cuz I'm so dang shy!!! : )

You are gonna do great. You are already a wonderful photog. I can't imagine the results after this class. Be sure to show!

I can't wait to see the results, and I hope you'll share some of what you've learned with us :D Good luck and enjoy!

Have fun, and enjoy the chance to learn something new! :D This is what interests you, and look! - there you'll be, surrounded by other people with the exact same interest! It's a lot of fun. :thumbup:

I'm thinking your shyness will fade pretty quickly. Mine always did, right after the dreaded "Why are you taking this class? Let's go around the room....." and my voice would squeak out, "well i'm interested in photography in general and hope to expand on what I've learned and, and...."

It's all downhill from there. :mrgreen: Hopefully your instructor will be smart enough to skip that stuff. Enjoy!

I remember my very first photo class in College. I was nervous about it too especially since it seemed like all of the other people in the class already knew a lot about photography. (I knew absolutely nothing). My best advice to you is to not be afraid to ask questions. Even if you are too embarrassed to ask them right away in front of the class at least try to write them down and ask your professor in private. Although, once the class progresses I'm sure you will naturally feel more comfortable with everyone and won't be afraid.
And, like Cindy said, make sure you show us your results! I'm sure they will be fantastic:)

Thanks everyone! I actually really enjoyed myself and met some very nice people! My shyness wore off rather quickly.........The instructor mostly talked about light metering and lenses last night. I learned a few things and had a good time to boot! I will definitely share when I have something to share! Thanks again! : )

Most reactions

Back