I still exist! LOL....the latest titled " Imaginations come to life!"

AMOMENT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My daughter LOVES Rapunzel and was playing dress up and pretending to look out my window and let her hair down.....here are some pics I took. Pic heavy but it's been some time. I don't expect CC just sharing but will welcome it if you so desire...

86 by energizero, on Flickr

87 by energizero, on Flickr

70 by energizero, on Flickr

61 by energizero, on Flickr

58 by energizero, on Flickr

56 by energizero, on Flickr

52 by energizero, on Flickr

36 by energizero, on Flickr

okay, thanks...I can dull them down a bit...I was kind of going for the blown out highlights a bit since the window was bright and curtains were obviously white and our main source of light....I tried to "blow them out" and use it as a backdrop and expose for her skin.....

thanks, that's my 4 year old daughter

The child is overexposed.. not the background....

yeah, I see it....I might have brightened it too much in PP..

They do seem WAY brighter on here than they do on my photo program...hold on , Rose...I will get the original

feel free to edit to your liking. Lighting was tough but I wanted to experiment....she was very backlit ...it was like 2pm, but I tried to work with it and also used a side fill light

I also used a gray card to pre-set my white balance but I still feel it was off....

$8429007702_77565f0035_k.jpg

vs.

8427664797_5305ab2d3f.jpg

$8429007930_3b934b6bc2_k.jpg

vs.

8427664843_a31bffc988.jpg

I'm not about to get into all the skin smoothing and the curves and the levels and the whatnots... I gotta pack for a big move this weekend and my husband will murder me if he even realizes I stopped for 2 seconds to edit something quick. :lmao:

But your original exposures, ignoring the WB... weren't actually too bad. The lighting technique and the posing and stuff needs work, but strictly speaking about *exposure*... you weren't too bad. Some still have a little *too* much light on parts of the skin, but it was easily fixed by adjusting the exposure and the recovery tool in Lightroom.

You definitely killed these with your editing... not your shooting. Don't go overboard pushing the highlights and the exposure, and don't over-saturate and they will look much better.

[EDIT: It should also be noted that I did these on a screen that is due for calibration, in my kitchen with a fluorescent light RIGHT overhead... so... these are no where near perfect, and I'm sure if I saw them in another light, I'd realize that my WB is still probably off, haha... HOWEVER... my point with these is... don't nuke your images with Photoshop.]

Ok...well first of all, she is stunning! I LOVE her eyes. I would be photographing her all day long lol.

Secondly...I ran some edits in Lightroom on the pics...however, being that they're such small files, a lot of quality was lost. Also...I don't really know what I'm doing :D But I'm bored so I gave it a whirl!! She is very photogenic! I am confused about what, exactly, her skin tone is. I assumed that the curtains were white and sort of went from there. But I still didn't get an even white tone in any of them...mostly cause I don't know what I'm doing. So anyway, here are my edits...not in order of course lol!

child-6_zpsfd1192ac.jpg

child-3_zps430b026e.jpg

child-4_zps7c2f2895.jpg

child-5_zps3c60f741.jpg

child-2_zps0c550408.jpg

child-1_zps8e411232.jpg

What I did to them was cropped them to an 8x10 size, upped the black levels a little, worked with the Adjustment brush a little in some of them, and tried fixing the white balance by quickly playing with the levels. I noticed a couple of them seemed to have a green tint to them so simply desaturating the green helped a ton.

im still a noob at editing but heres what i came up with in the 5 mins i spent.
$8429007702_77565f0035_k.jpg

# 3 would be the money shot for me. Fix the exposure on the child and tone down the eyes a bit and it's a win.

Most reactions

Back