I suppose I could introduce myself.

PictureGuy_StJoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been on this site for over a year and have never introduced myself.

PictureGuy is what the kids call me. I work at a private school in South Dakota. It is a residential school that is financed through donations. I work in the art department of the marketing division. I do some graphic layout, brocures, letters, pamphlets, that kind of thing. But more often I fulfill my other job duties. I am also the photographer for the school.

I am responsible for all picture elements for mailing purposes, down to the classic school portraits and everything in between. School yearbook, residential home family portraits, historical archive, if it requires pictures - then it is my job. And I love it. Working with the kids, the teachers, the houseparents, it is a very fun job.

I even started spending my Saturday mornings during the school year to pass on what I know, and what I am learning, to a small group of Jr. High students who have shown interest and have developed some talent. Anything to inspire these kids, who come from a rough life, to reach higher and find something they can excel at.

Also having a budget that I can submit requests to is great. "I'd like this monopod. Could we get this new lens? I think we could use this set of studio lights..."

It took this job to make me realize something I had forgotten since my college days. Taking pictures is so much fun, and when you get to do it as a job, it makes it that much better.

So I joined this site once I found it to keep learning new things. I find so much helpful information here, and a population of people just like me who are ready and willing to help.

That's about it, see you around the forums.

Holy Toledo, that may be one of the most delayed intros ever! Glad you decided to step out and tell us a little about yourself.

Welcome

I'm jealous. Sounds like a very nice job. Having worked on behalf of a Lakota for the last 20+ years, I have spent some time in your area and would love to spend more. Are you Lakota yourself?

Most reactions

Back