I.T. guys ... why my "red X's" instead of pics?

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When I use my Work Computer, I get some images not showing, instead, I get that dam'd Red X.... Someone will post 4 pictures - 2 show, 2 get the Red X's .. . then, when I right click to 'show picture', one can show, the other won't... sometimes I can go 7 or 8 photos that won't come up with "Show Picture", and other photos show just fine.. Is it something with their firewall ??

Frustrating.... as if "Anyone" would want to hack MY computer at work.. they wouldn't know what they're looking at anyway.. :confused:

chances are your workplace IT department has blocked certain site to try and stop workers not working ;) as well as some sites that might store -- indecent images which (if found on company computers ) could cause problems -- esp if your boss looks over your shoulder as your looking ;)

Frustrating.... as if "Anyone" would want to hack MY computer at work.. they wouldn't know what they're looking at anyway.. :confused:

You'd be surprised. Corporate/Industrial espionage is a real treat for most businesses. (Every business?)

The people trying to get access will know exactly what they're looking at and what they're looking for.

...Sorry - other than that, I can't help.

They can try to break into my computer (laptop) all they want. It has been locked away in my file drawer for months. I rarely pull it out to use it. It might not even be in the drawer anymore that's how long it's been since I've been in my office. I just have to pull it out and connect it every few months because I'm forced to change my password. Normally, I log onto a different computer under a different user name, but then my actual network password expires and I can't get onto my email from other computers and from home....

It could be that your network is just too slow. I get it all the time at work also. Sometimes I get half the pictures and half the red X. Sometimes I simply get half of a complete picture. Other times I can't even open a page or site and it give me that blank "can't find page" error, but then loads fine if I try again.

Our network at work is horribly slow.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back