I think I used to be good at this?

appifanie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone! I am 35 years old and once upon a time in high school, I was in a photography class. I swear that I remember being pretty okay at it, and I have fond but fuzzy memories of the developing room.

I have a 6 year old daughter and since having her I've been increasingly interested in documenting fun parts of her life with some great pictures. I upgraded from the free digital p&s camera my mom gave me to a nice Sony p&s and I really wanted a dSLR but waited until I could get one for a decent price. I remember that one of the reasons I wanted a dSLR was because the kiddo got her pictures taken by a "pro" (Sears? JC Penney? Don't tell my current actually pro photographer:) and I realized that one of the reasons she got good pics was because when she took the picture, the camera took it when she clicked, and not several seconds later, like my p&s.

About 2 years ago I saw a Canon EOS Rebel XS for sale for $499 or so with the camera, a bag, an extra battery, 2 memory cards, and something else I'm sure I'm forgetting. I eventually got some filters, and a separate flash, and a 50mm f1.8 lens.

Of course outside in good lighting I do a pretty darn good job, but everywhere else it's like a disaster where ever pic makes me feel increasingly like I have NO SKILL. So I'm here to see if I can figure things out and get better, or if I should just throw in the towel and go back to p&s :D

Welcome to the site.

welcome! Post some of the images you aren't happy with (with the shot info intact) and we will be glad to help...

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Stay with it, appifanie, you'll catch up in no time.

welcome! Post some of the images you aren't happy with (with the shot info intact) and we will be glad to help...
What Charlie says! :) You will get all kinds of information here, just take a look at our Gallery section and pick the Gallery description that fits one of your images, and post it. Let us know what you're unhappy with. You can really learn a lot this way, plus get to meet everyone. So welcome, and enjoy the forum!

I don't think there is someone who gives you advice to give up the photography on this forum:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back