I think I want a prime lense

That lens will attach to both cams without any adapter? It is the same for all full frame and crop Nikons. I am in a similar situations where I feel I need a wider FOV for landscape photos than the D3300 at 18mm.

The 85mm F1.8G is truly incredible and will TRANSFORM your photography. Worked magic on my D32oo and works equally as well on my D750.

Primes are super awesome. Just that sometimes you just don't have the time to keep switching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah...true dat. Working out of a compartmented shoulder back like a Tamrac or other similar bag where each lens has its OWN, specific compartment, it takes about four seconds to remove and swap a lens if you're fast, and 10 seconds if you're slow. That is the typical way a one-body shooter who was serious would use prime lenses--with a shoulder bag where the access to the lens is fast, easy, and the lenses all have defined resting places within the lens-array part of the bag. If you're reaching into a messenger type bag, and "feeling around for" the desired lens, it's just ridiculous how awkward primes are. I used to shoot assignments with a six-prime, NO-zoom, two-body setup in the 1980's...the KEY to making it efficient is how the lenses not in use are carried, how they are "worn", "holstered", or "bagged"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back