i think it looks like a painting

aramator

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
just got home from iraq, in california now
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi everyone i havent been on here for a few months but im going to try to get back into it. here is a picture i took last winter of my parents house in oregon. im not really experienced at night photography but i think this one turned out alright. let me know what you think.

painting.jpg

I love it personally. It feels like its a bit slanted but that might be a result of the wide angle. One may argue the light coming out of the building on the right is too bright but i personally find it magical (for lack of a better word). It brings back a christmas feeling for me. Anyway, great photo.

Nick

Wow cool picture. I think that the left side of the picture does kinda look like a painting but the right side shows its a picture from the light in the window... Great shot though.

I noticed your okay to edit photos so i rotated the photo .5 degrees CCW to see if it was a little off or just the wide angle. I don't know what to think so ill post it here.

painting.jpg

i took some of the light out becuase it was way too much, but it just had a feeling about it, magical, i like that. gotta love the holidays. i shot it with the kit lens that comes with the xti. i keep saying the kit lens isnt that bad of a lens. i have others and want a good replacement for it but for starting out you can do alot with it.

i think it is the angle of which the picture was taken becuase if you rotate it one way or another something looks off, im going to try to do some more work on it in PS, thank you though, here is a less distorted image, dont know if it fixed it

my-house-modified.jpg

Last edited:
I think it is a great photo, very magical ( maybe cuz I am from the NW also, looks like "home") and I am assuming you are serving our country so if you are---THANK YOU!!!!

It really conveys a mood - good job!

if the brightness of that single window on the right got turned down just a touch so it wasn't overflowing the pane i think it would look great. if it looked like that window in the top left but a touch brigher....money.

Makes me miss the New Mexico snow ! Nice !

That is a great shot. I used to collect Jesse Barnes prints and this looks just like one of his paintings...awesome!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back