I think this is cool..

mostly sunny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this picture through the chain link fence.

The blur is the fence..

IMG_3028.jpg

Any chance, next time, you could stick the tip of the lens THROUGH the fence? Not sure how big your lens is, but that's what I would do, and rest the bottom of the lens on the V of the diamond in the chain link to stabilize the shot even more. But if it's too big, see if you can sneak into the dugout and snap a few when the team is fielding so as not to interrupt the kids when batting.

its nice, but i'd suggest getting more dof to actually show that you're shooting through something rather then just "lens anomaly"

I haven't had a chance to test out what I have read about this yet, but a tip I've picked up to apply when the time comes is...

If you shoot a wide aperture from quite close through the fence, then open it later in your favorite PP application and increase the contrast a bit, then the fence itself should disappear if not completely then pretty close to it.

Maybe something to try next time? :)

I'm not bothered about the fence as much as the soft focused kid.

I'm not sure why you think it is cool, no action fence spoils it, if you had putyour lens against the fence at F2.8 you wouldn't see it

I think maybe OP might have meant that she likes the fact she can get a reasonable snap shot even with the fence. I was impressed with this also at my first baseball game after I bought my camera. I soon learned to just get the lens right on the fence. Just my opinion being a sports mom too.

Last edited:
i don't really like it because of the fence and it is just boring, but you probably like it as a sentimental thing, which is fine.

imo, bring wire cutters and cut a hole big enough for you lens ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back