I thought last weekend's game was stressful... Todays was worse. A LOT worse

MLeeK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We flew one of "my" boys out tonight. He's one of my wrestlers that is with us non stop, plus he and my kids have been close friends where he stays with us for weeks at a time. They wouldn't let me go in the helicopter with him and his dad was over an hour and a half out. I am waiting on word now. It's a shoulder injury, but he lost consciousness. When he came to he couldn't see which came back after a bit. Then he passed out again after the EMT's got there, so they landed the chopper on the field and took him out.
This is the play... As you can see I was standing RIGHT on top of them. Let me tell you, that pop was sickening!#78 took one hell of a late dive on Aaron's left shoulder as he rolled to get up and drive his right into the ground.
7974732040_d1f0fa3839_z.jpg

7974715431_be7cbb9811_z.jpg

7974713776_fc2133324c_z.jpg

7974712386_be17818069_z.jpg

Wishing him Godspeed in his recovery. How awful...a late hit that resulted in a bad injury...that's awful.

He's home. Dislocated shoulder, but the shock and pain had him checking out of reality. Kind of knew that was why he passed out, but they had to send him anyway. He's now got a nice sexy neck brace for a while!

Wow, that's awful, but it could have been much, much worse--at least he should fully recover from a shoulder injury. Things like that are SO scary, because hits like that can simply dislocate a shoulder, or they can snap a spine. Sometimes it's just the difference of an inch or two that means full recovery, or complete paralysis.
And watching it happen to a kid you care about is gut-wrenching. Glad it wasn't any worse than that.

And hey: maybe if you get that special-ed ref again in the next game, it won't seem like all that big a deal in comparison! :D

That's football. Unfortunately at the younger ages very little strength training is being done and the tendon/muscles are still developing, it really doesn't take much to pop a shoulder, or a knee. If everything is lined up in the right order, it takes very little. Knee injuries only take a few factors, a simple foot plant,twist and push, and that's it. I expect his season is done, but at least the injury wasn't as bad as it could have been. Anything around the neck is just scary.

Good luck to him.

We are pretty lucky in our coaching staff. The head coach for our JV is sporting a Superbowl ring or two and he is phenomenal about strength training and caring for those weak points of the body. We have a physical therapist who designs the exercise plan to each kid based on their own weaknesses. Our sports program is outstanding. I am pretty sure that is why we have good luck with the injuries that we do have not being worse.
Aaron is home sporting a super sexy neck brace and sore as hell. He is out for 10the days of play and contact practice but starts back with the physical therapist on Wednesday.
Thanks, everyone for thinking of him! I think it was more of an adventure for him once they got some pain meds in him! I was more traumatized than he was! That pop was the most horrific sound. Then having them tell me that I couldn't fly with him even though the parent had demanded it made me worry. That mom gene!
I am sure I will recover with a bottle of wine and some good chocolate!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back