I took your advice so check these out!

I think the pose is cheesy because I've seen it done before a million and one times.

BUT...

Technically this is by FAR the best one you've taken. Good job. :thumbup:

this is the best photo shoot or that "glamour shot" pose is the best so far?

and thanks..i busted my butt today to try to impress you guys!

it was funny because i said "grab your lapels" and she is only 19 and said "my lapels?" and she wasn't sure what to grab and so her dad showed her what lapels were! it was HILLARIOUS...

it was funny because i said "grab your lapels" and she is only 19 and said "my lapels?" and she wasn't sure what to grab and so her dad showed her what lapels were! it was HILLARIOUS...

I'm 25...and probably would have said the same thing. LOL.

okay people you stopped commenting so i am taking that is a good thing...

so here are more photos for you to comment on

have fun

DSC09776.jpg

DSC09778.jpg

DSC09779.jpg

DSC09783.jpg

DSC09822.jpg

DSC09821.jpg

DSC09829.jpg

DSC09832.jpg

DSC09836.jpg

DSC09837.jpg

there will be more that i can promise you

These are WORLDS better than your lasts, GREAT job!! The only thing that is slightly bugging me, if you still want CC, is that you keep cropping at the ankles and wrists. Other than that, awesome imporovements!!!

I've looked at all of your recent posts and I can say that you are really improving, I'm talking night and day difference. I do agree with JaimeGibb though when she mentions the fact that there always seems to be something cropped out that shouldn't be.

Good shots overall but I really have to add that the model in the orangish/pinkish shirt needs help. In all the shots of her she looks very unnatural. Obviously this is not your fault. She is probably shy and not sure what to do. If you use her more, you might want to talk to her or direct her more. Maybe try saying something to make her smile or laugh. Ask her to tell you a funny story or something to get her to loosen up. She just looks like she's trying to hard.

I can't say much, I look stupid in pictures. Whenever we had school pictures I would always have to practice smiling in the mirror so I could try to smile more naturally. It's not easy to do for the school photogs. :) Keep up the great work.

Something else I thought of just now...could you try playing some music during the shoot? Find out what music she likes and bring a radio or CD player. Then if you could just hang out for ten minutes, listening to music and talking she might relax enough to be comfortable. I think music might help me if I was the model (like that would ever happen, LOL). Maybe show her some magazines with some poses that you like (or have her pick some she likes) and ask her to emulate them. Then you can let her know if she needs to loosen her posture.

I have zero experience with shooting people, except for snapshots. I took a few pictures of my MIL with her brothers and sisters last Christmas but I was uncomfortable myself (even though I've been a part of the family for 13 years now, I don't really feel accepted). I didn't want to try to direct them for the picture (there were a TON of people there...my dh had a HUGE family) so I just snapped. The pictures came out OK but they weren't great.

The only person I know who will sit for me is my 13 yo neice. I avoid shooting her though because she only does super slutty poses (bent over the arm of the couch, pole dancing the wall...you get the idea). Not the kind of pictures I want to take of a 13 yo girl. She gets pissed when I try to take her picture when she's not posing like that. TEENAGERS!!!!

The shots of the girl in the baseball cap are my least favorite, especially the ones with her sitting on the chair. There is a fine line between sexy and skanky, and I think those crossed the line, making her look more like someone who would be doing a pole dance.

Also, you still have your models really close to the backdrop. If you're going to do that, then use a shorter depth of field (DOF). I know it's really tempting when you're starting out to open it up so that focusing is easier, but experiment with different DOFs and see what amazing results you can get with your beautiful backgrounds.

Good shots overall but I really have to add that the model in the orangish/pinkish shirt needs help. In all the shots of her she looks very unnatural. Obviously this is not your fault. She is probably shy and not sure what to do. If you use her more, you might want to talk to her or direct her more. Maybe try saying something to make her smile or laugh. Ask her to tell you a funny story or something to get her to loosen up. She just looks like she's trying to hard.

I can't say much, I look stupid in pictures. Whenever we had school pictures I would always have to practice smiling in the mirror so I could try to smile more naturally. It's not easy to do for the school photogs. :) Keep up the great work.

ya that is nina...we always make jokes that she should carry around an AK-47 since she is always so serious and it doesn't help that her parents were there and "directing" the shoot and making her a bit peeved since they wouldn't leave us alone! LOL...i felt her pain with them!

on the DOF...i have tried being close to them and tried far away. i even moved them about 2 ft from the backdrop but most of my backdrops are only 6-9 ft long and i lose most of that with the support they hang on so i only have 3 ft for them to stand on and i didnt want to get the wooden floor in the photos but there were a few that i have of them where they are further from the backdrop but i will try. thanks

Most reactions

Back