i tried 'architecture'...

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i rarely shoot architecture, so this is a new thing for me. not sure if the second one can be considered architecture...hm. whatever. if there is anything you can give me pointers on i'd be happy to hear them! just remember this isnt the critique forum :sexywink:

anadarkobw-sm.jpg

pole-sm.jpg

i love these shots. I think your first attempt has been a roaring success. ;)

Great angle, tone and texture in the first. I'm not even bothered by the fact the DOF doesn't reach all the way as I feel the composition is very strong and the FG holds it together.

Second one is fantastic as well. Love the sky and you've held detail in the arch. composition is well balanced.
Like your PS work too; subtle yet effective. :)

This is in no way a comment toward past works, but if you don't shoot architecture, you should shoot it more often, these are great. I like the angles and textures of the first one, and the second one is a wicked shot all around (no pun intended :)). I can't really say anything in regard to "technical" merits of anything (simply meaning I'm not one to judge or criticise), but I really like to look at both of these.

have to agree with all the above. Some great dynamic shapes youve captured there. You should definately do more architecture shots

These are so rad TB. You make me want to go shoot architecture now. Keep taking these kinda shots!

... you MUST try it again Daniel!
very awesome shots for a 'try'
nice b/w in the first.. sweet exposure and the textures in the fg are real neat

#2- love the way the curve leads you into the photo..

both nicely composed :thumbsup: well done :)

Looks really good...I don't have buildings like that to take pictures of around here. ;)

I could easily see the first one on the wall of a modern city loft conversion. Its really nice!

Well, if that first one of these two could not be called "architecture" then I wouldn't know what else could! It is really good and I am totally in love with the angle and all the lines and also the texture of that concrete bridge (?) in the foreground. Actually, I like the first much better than the second.

absolutely top quality shots these mate!

I love the angle and composition of the massive building in the centre of those two perfect angles. It creates so layers to the image and levels. Which i particularly like. However, It seems to me the main tower is blurred, wether this is intentional or not, Id love to see the background in focus. the second one has benefitted from some fantastic processing and I love the blue tones. Im not sure about the small white gradients around the arc towards the top, looks as though its been sharpened too much, but thats easy to correct.

But I absolutely love how the image fades from silhouette to the great detail at the top right hand corner. Excellent work mate! :thumbup:

I think you did a great job on your first time trying. Well done!!!

Most reactions

Back