I want a tripod

donna_elaine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
if you want to be replacing it OR your camera in about 3 - 5 month then either will do.
if you want one that will last you atleast 5 - 10 years...
go for Giottos or manfrotto (there are other ones but these are the main competitors for most photographers.)

the manfrotto 190xprob is decent and can be had for around £100.
Mind you, you need to buy a head which is about £60 too.
but it is worth it!

If you must buy one of those two, buy the Bushnell. The "50" Professional tripod" is absolute junk, and I would bet it won't last one shoot with a DSLR and lens on it. UU's recommendations are excellent, and I would spend some time surfing Craig's List; tripods are great things to buy used, and you can save a LOT of money.

DONT buy a tripod with a built in head. They are ALL cheep and will quickly break. Any decent tripod will be sold with a separate head and vice versa.

Just an FYI when it comes to good tripods inexpensive and light do not go together.

if you want to be replacing it OR your camera in about 3 - 5 month then either will do.
if you want one that will last you atleast 5 - 10 years...
go for Giottos or manfrotto (there are other ones but these are the main competitors for most photographers.)

the manfrotto 190xprob is decent and can be had for around £100.
Mind you, you need to buy a head which is about £60 too.
but it is worth it!

This is good advice. I have this tripod and I've found it very stable and solid. For some shots the removable centre column is useful for some shots too.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back