I want to buy a tripod for my stupid camera

StrongBad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I say 'stupid' because it doesn't have a little screw hole in the bottom. It's a Fujifilm Finepix Z3, but that's irrelevant. The point is, it's quite slim, so I was wondering if there was such thing as a vice tripod. So instead of a little screw shaft on top, it has a little vice which I can screw my camera into.

Has anyone heard of such a thing? Where can I get hold of one?

Any hardware or woodworking supply store sells a spring loaded clamp (looks like a big black clothespin). The type I'm referring to is made of black high density plastic with soft polyethelene pads on the jaws. It would be an easy matter to drill and tap a hole in one of the handles to accept the 1/4"/20 threads of a tripod head. I think it should work . . . not as well as a real tripod socket, but probably better than a beanbag.

Yes, or I could just drill into the bottom of my camera and hope for the best :)

I'm not that desperate, so I'll just make do without one. Thanks anyway.

Since you have such a small, light camera you can try this. :)

Actually, that's not a bad idea. That'll be my plan B if this doesn't work:

Camera.jpg

You see, my old digital camera does have a screw hole thing, so I've just attached my new one to it. It's in an odd position so that I can still get to the memory card and battery.

The tripod should arrive soon. I'll let you know how it all goes, because I know you all can't wait.

[/sarcasm]

a friend of mine made a little stand for his pocket sized camera and used small beanbags....

I've also got a fujifilm a350. I really don't believe in going with FujiFilm anymore. :thumbdown:

Why don't you just use your old camera (Nikon???) when you need shots that require a tripod.

Most reactions

Back