I want to get into Car/Motorcycle Photography

1c7d3198-5ef1-400c-a5a5-0db3d7bdb8a8_zpsc6241948.jpg

I'd be happy to start out with shots like this

Then you definitely have all the gear you need to get started.

Sounds like what you need, is some cars to practice with.

This was shot on a D90 with 2 Speedlights, I forget which lens I used but assuming my Tamron 17-50 or 35mm
Yeah I have a lot to learn to get rid of the reflection and light the car better, but in all it was fun and the pics are suitable.

The light to the rear was into a umbrella and the one on the front was a shoot-through umbrella. I now have a third speedlight that could have lit the center better but I still need some more modifiers before I nail it.

$seth.jpg

Car/Motorcycle Photography is much simpler. All is that is to take consideration regarding any kind of shot for which your are capturing. Good camera equipment can give you more options. With DSLR cameras, you can control how you light your subject more than point and shoot cameras.

I'm sorry but, if you are going to try to pretend advice by being vague and generic,
people are going to see right through it here. You have no idea what you are talking about.
You just described every aspect of photography, and then said you can control your lighting
with your DSLR. No you can't. You can not control your lighting with your DSLR.

You essentially said nothing in your post.

You can also try light painting too. These were taken with a portable LED lamp.

Your Car/Motorcycle Photography idea is good and interesting. My bike is under maintenance and will share photos soon with you.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back