I want to get into photography... whats needed?

Bsurb10

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I really really want to get into photography. I see my self doing it for a while... Ever since high school I took graphic arts and fell in love with web design/photography field but never had a nice enough camera to do so.

Right now I have a Canon T2i rebel.... that's a good enough camera right?... Anyways I go to a lot of car shows and stuff and I want to learn how to make my work look super CLEAN and crisp like I see everybody's photos when they go to a car show and take pictures for websites and blogs...

Iv only been taking photos with this camera for a few weeks... learned about ISO and how to lighten or darken the image with necessary light.

www.surbdesigns.com to see more photos I took... just my portfolio.

Here are some shots I took.....

See thats exactly the kind of shots Id like to take...... How do you do that though? Can you do it with my canon??

Practice, practice, practice. The T2i is a perfect camera to start off with. That kids photos almost look HDR so any camera can do it, to create HDR you need a processing program. Photoshop CS5 has it bulit into it.

Learn ISO, aperture, etc thoroughly. For right now, learn those settings and just shoot.

See thats exactly the kind of shots Id like to take...... How do you do that though? Can you do it with my canon??

Yes he does a lot of processing. He uses just your basic entry level camera. Nikon D3100. What maater said is correct. Learn your basics and practice. A lot of your photos are OOF!

Awesome guys thanks.... and I heard to keep the photo natural?? If you drop them into photoshop, what should you do? Or is the most common thing people use their shots in photoshop for?

wow i learned a lot already.... reading her first 4 steps..

Something tells me you have a civic? And that beemer is Sweet!!

Well, your FIRST problem is....there is WAY too much "Florida Gator" stuff in your photos. :lmao:
(I'm from Knoxville...UT-K alumni...Go Vols!!!!)

Seriously....what the others have said. Your camera will not hold you back, not at this point. You need to really work on the basics--start with composition and the exposure triangle. And when I say "work on," I mean read, read, read, then go out and PRACTICE. Come back and read some more. Rinse and repeat. Combine that with putting your flak jacket on and then posting on TPF for C&C...you'll need that flak jacket, because you'll get a LOT of flack, lol!! But just listen to what some of these folks have to say about what you're doing wrong, and go practice some more, and pretty soon, you'll be getting it right!

I really like your website the layout is pretty clean!

Well, your FIRST problem is....there is WAY too much "Florida Gator" stuff in your photos. :lmao:
(I'm from Knoxville...UT-K alumni...Go Vols!!!!)

Seriously....what the others have said. Your camera will not hold you back, not at this point. You need to really work on the basics--start with composition and the exposure triangle. And when I say "work on," I mean read, read, read, then go out and PRACTICE. Come back and read some more. Rinse and repeat. Combine that with putting your flak jacket on and then posting on TPF for C&C...you'll need that flak jacket, because you'll get a LOT of flack, lol!! But just listen to what some of these folks have to say about what you're doing wrong, and go practice some more, and pretty soon, you'll be getting it right!

Lol yuck... :p

What exactly is composition and exposure triangle? And I like to see what people say as far as what I am doing wrong or need to improve on....

Most reactions

Back