I want to go digital

SteveEllis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys,

After some dissappointing and expensive results from my last batch of photos (13 rolls of film £40 to develope without prints) I want to go digital.

I currently have a canon eos 300 and want something similar, I'm not loyal to any brand in particular and dont want to pay the earth for it.

Any ideas? Whats your thoughts on the canon eos 350d and the Nikon D50?

Cheers,
Steve.

They are both outstanding cameras and I believe you'd be very happy with either of them. If you have some Canon lenses that you'd like to continue using, the 350d would be a smart choice to stop you from starting all over again with lenses. But, as you will see in most threads that discuss this topic, make sure you go to a shop that has both and play around with both of them. For many people, the feel of one versus the other can be a major factor.

After spending a little time playing with them, choose the one that feels the best to you and enjoy it!

I hate the 350d. d50 aint bad i think.
but, if you're getting crap results, i hate to say it, but it's all to easy to blame the equipment.

As chase said.... they are both great cameras.... I went for the D50, just because i prefered the size.... and the noise is fairly low at a high iso.... but i wouldn't have minded the 350D too much either..... go to a shop and get a feel of them, see which you prefer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back