I want to make more dynamic shots, what slider and tripod should I get.

bernyneedshelp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want a relatively cheap but sturdy slider and tripod. My budget is 200-350 for both, I want to use them to make videos of my aquarium, some from 3-4 feet away and some from up close to try to film detailed shots of the critters living in the sand.

I also want to film the aquarium from the top, like this:
Camera
[===============[O]================] Slider

l
________________________________ l

Any ideas on how to do this with only one slider and tripod?

And how can I film the aquarium without my reflection showing up in the video? how can I light the scene?

It seems you posted links, I can't see them though ;). I already rsponded in your other thread regarding the slider.
To avoid reflections of your camera, cover it with a black cloth (except for the lens :D).

Light the tank also from the sides, at a 45° angle to the front glass - at best with lamps that represent the same color temperature than your aquarium light. But for filming you can also consider removing the tank light and go with videolights only in case you don't get the same color temperature. However, reef lights have a high light output, it will be hard to get cheap videolights that can keep up. An alternative could be a mirror, reflecting the top light on the sides.

If you really like to go the slider route, you can use one regular tripod and one very cheap lighting stand with a probably 1/4" mount. Having just one tripod, make sure to weigh it down.

As for the reflection, get a good CPL (Circular Polarizer Lens) Filter

Most reactions

New Topics

Back