I Want To Print a 16 x 20 Photo

Not just cropping for different frame sizes, but maybe cropping out distractions. Like if someone's face is just visible on the edge of a frame, cropping them out while maintaining a 4:5 size ratio may improve the image. Then after cropping that bit off the side and top set your print size :)

Ahhh. I see. Hehe well there's nothing I don't like about this picture :)

I got it printed, and it looks amazing. Thank you all for your help.

Here's the photo I printed.

IMG_2284r2c.jpg

You might want to investigate Cokin's graduated filters if you plan on doing much outdoor photography. Here's a link:

COKIN Creative System - Filters A/P/Z/X - Graduated Filters - Graduated Filter Details

They don't cost much and their system is very versatile.

Not just cropping for different frame sizes, but maybe cropping out distractions. Like if someone's face is just visible on the edge of a frame, cropping them out while maintaining a 4:5 size ratio may improve the image. Then after cropping that bit off the side and top set your print size :)

Ahhh. I see. Hehe well there's nothing I don't like about this picture :)

I got it printed, and it looks amazing. Thank you all for your help.

Here's the photo I printed.

IMG_2284r2c.jpg

You might want to investigate Cokin's graduated filters if you plan on doing much outdoor photography. Here's a link:

COKIN Creative System - Filters A/P/Z/X - Graduated Filters - Graduated Filter Details

They don't cost much and their system is very versatile.

Ah - yes, I have read a little about graduated filters ... they are fairly expensive if I remember correctly. Someday I'll be able to afford some more photography equipment. For now I just have to go with what I have and be happy with that :). Thank you for the link!

Well since this is a digital forum, fake the ND grad filter.

Set your camera on a tripod, take two pictures, one brighter than the other. Open them in photoshop, paste on one the other as a new layer, and apply a gradient mask to the top image so it fades into the bottom.

Works for everything except moving subjects.

Well since this is a digital forum, fake the ND grad filter.

Set your camera on a tripod, take two pictures, one brighter than the other. Open them in photoshop, paste on one the other as a new layer, and apply a gradient mask to the top image so it fades into the bottom.

Works for everything except moving subjects.

Haha - neat! Thanks, I will try it!! :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back