I want to start a website but i need help

thanks everyone. I really wouldnt have had a clue what to do without you guys's help. ive been messing around with my free trial on smugmug and have really liked it, its so much more simple than what I thought it would be. Have you guys had any buys off of your galleries?

thanks everyone. I really wouldnt have had a clue what to do without you guys's help. ive been messing around with my free trial on smugmug and have really liked it, its so much more simple than what I thought it would be. Have you guys had any buys off of your galleries?

A few. I use mine mostly as a print service for my work. I have them printed up then I mount on mats and frame a few, then drag them around to exhibit, sell, give away, etc. Another advantage is an easy to use display website to email to clients and potential clients. I manage about 20 web sites on my own virtual servers, and host the photos I post on forums, but for something quick, easy and presentable, I'm pretty happy with SM. I don't depend on it to make me money, it's a tool.

I shoot a lot of events like parties and sports, so I move quite a lot of prints through smugmug-- enough to pay for the annual subscription a few times over. It's all a matter of your subject though.

The customer service on this site is really unbelievably great. My free trial ended a few days ago and they sent me an email wanting to know how my free trial was----so I emailed them telling them I will join when I get a little more money, AND THEY EMAILED ME BACK!!!! An actual PERSON looked at my page and even commented on one of my photos and told me some things I can do AND THEN......gave me some more trial time!!!!

Anybody else who is looking for a site---this is a great one and thank you to everyone for leading me to this one

Smugmug is a fairly well known portfolio and selling website fir up and starting photographers and when you move on to owing your own website if you have an idea it is I would rate a 7 or 8 scale of difficulty to design your own website and depending on what your traffic would be it would be also a decent rate for have a hosting company host your website
Also there are alot of websites that have free tuts to aid in making your website using apps like photoshop and dreamweaver

Most reactions

New Topics

Back